JR Super Charger belt size?

sargeek1975

finally
I just bought a used Jackson Racing Super Charger and I have a question (yes; I did a search but couldn't find what I was looking for).

It has a CRV crank pulley which I guess puts it between 10-12lbs of boost. I want to go with my GSR pully and I'm wondering what belt fits? I know that I can probably order the belt through JR; but I'm gonna assume that a stock Honda belt for some model will work as well.

Am I wrong?

But if I'm right; what model engine and year?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Campanelli

OMG it has VTEC?
I don't believe honda would make a OEM belt to fit a JRSC. The crank pulley I'm guessing is being used as the supercharger pulley, not that it is made for a CRV it is just a different size pulley to make different boost. Your best bet would probably be to look on JR's website

sargeek1975

finally
I don't believe honda would make a OEM belt to fit a JRSC. The crank pulley I'm guessing is being used as the supercharger pulley, not that it is made for a CRV it is just a different size pulley to make different boost. Your best bet would probably be to look on JR's website
No...............

It's just like a bike; -1 tooth on the front sprocket or +1 on the rear sprocket; changes the gear ratio to give you quicker acceleration. Adding one on the rear gives more than taking one away on the front.

It has the stock pulley on the supercharger but came with a CRV crank pulley; meaning larger. Making the charger give more boost. The previous owner did this vice getting a smaller charger pulley.

I was just wondering if there is an OEM Honda belt that will be the same size as the JR belt that comes with the system.

Last edited:

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
you're putting an extra pulley on the pulley system of your car.. a stock belt shouldn't fit over the supercharger. the reason the CRV one fits, is because the B20 in a crv is basically the same thing as the B18 in ours.

sargeek1975

finally
I don't think I'm explaining myself correctly............

Yes. I understand that I'm adding an extra to pulley to my motor and that my stock belt will not work. I get that.

I want to use my stock gsr crank pulley vice the CRV crank pulley that I got with the charger. I don't WANT to run 10-12lbs of boost just yet and would prefer the 6-7 that I will get using my stock gsr crank pulley.

What my question is; is there an OEM size out there that is identical to the belt that comes with the kit (which this used kit didn't come with because he was using a CRV crank pulley) to use my stock gsr crank pulley?

I know I can just order the part from jackson racing; just wondering if anyone knew the size (length) or honda oem part number or engine size and year (not all honda motors use the same size belts; it doesn't even have to be a honda belt size if it will fit)

sargeek1975

finally
I figured it out.

The size I need is a 4 ribbed 620mm belt; which equates to about 24.4 inches. I picked up a 25 inch belt and it should work fine.

db_r

!ocsic
Sorry I didnt get to you sooner.

if you need more information...

Originally posted by racerx159 on May/25/05
After doing some research, I noticed that the ever so famous belt size guide by Holden is slightly off. I noticed it after seeing that on his guide the stock ac belt was listed as 31 inches but when you go to an autoparts store and give your car information, the actual belt size is 33.2 inches or 845mm. I checked this on four different websites and has been confirmed.
In his guide it states that the stock belt for the crank to alt is 33 inches when in reality it is 31 inches. I also verified this on four websites.
The power steering information is correct though.

Btw, the sites were autozone, pepboys, dayco.com, and goodyearbeltsandhose.com.

Also, a little more research led me to the car that uses the 35.0 inch belt that is needed on some of these applications. Go to an autoparts store and ask for the power steering belt for a 98 honda crv 4 wheel drive vehicle. It is 35.0 inches or 890mm. Belt sizes will differ from each other depending on the brand, so adjust accordingly. Dayco's tend to run a bit smaller gatorbacks are pretty much on point so you may have to get a belt that is smaller and get the next lower or higher one. If you can, try to compare the original belt that is on the car so you can see how the new belt will compare against that one.

Enjoy the show folks! Maybe we can make this a common topic since it is a veryyy common topic asked commonly, lol.

Stock Belt Sizes
AC = 33.2" = 845mm
PS = 36.5" = 930mm
Alt. = 31" = 785mm

6psi JRSC Belt Sizes
AC = 33.2" = 845mm
PS = 36.5" = 930mm
Alt. = 31.5" = 800mm
Blower = 24.5" = 620mm

9psi Stepper
AC = 33.2" = 845mm
PS = 36.5" = 930mm
Alt. = 31.5" = 800mm
Blower = 640mm

10psi JRSC with CRV Pulley Belt Sizes
AC = 34.7" = 880mm
PS = 35.5" = 900mm
Alt= 33.5" = 850mm
Blower = 24.5" = 620mm

8psi JRSC with Blower Pulley Belt Sizes
AC = 33.2" = 845mm
PS = 36.5" = 930mm
Alt= 31.5" = 800mm
Blower = 23.4"-24" = 595mm-610mm

For the CRV pulley set up you can get a belt that is 33.2-33.5 or 845mm-850mm for the alternator to crank.

For the CRV pulley set up you can get a belt that is 34.5-35 or the 880-890mm for the ac compressor to the crank. I find it is best to use the ac belt from a 94-01 acura integra ls which is a 34.7 inch or 880mm belt.

Brought to you by Racerx159 @ T-I.net