I'm stumped.. 2 problems fuel related? & battery related?

chuktaylor07

ive never done a forum question before so plz bare with me.. Alright, i have a 94 integra ls b18b1 and i have 2 problems.

Problem 1: my car only starts when it wants to. i started it fine one min. went to mcdonalds and it died in the drive through. had to get it jumped and even then took about 20 min of cranking before it finally started. drove about a quarter mile and it died again. tried to pop the clutch a couple times with epic failure.

Problem 2:: I start my car, let it run for about 5 min because its cold in maine. i can rev it as much as i want and its fine. if i put it in first or second and drive to high rpms it will stall and not start again for quite awhile. sooner or later it starts again but usually needs to be jumped because the battery dies from how many times i crank it to try to start it. but if i drive slow for a few miles i can give it as much as i like without a problem.. brought it to 2 garages and neither has any diagnosis to the problem.

Whats new: plugs, wires, head gasket, distributoir cap, distributor rotor, battery.

("***On a side note***") the alternator and starter or stator (not sure of correct term) have been checked and are fine. i use HEET in my gas due to the cold, and there is a small leak in the gas tank so i can only fill it half way. sometimes if i tap on the MAP sensor, or the.. ok i dont know what its called but the block the sensor is connected to itll start.. )

Any an all help is greatly appreciated!!!

99TegLs

Not enough info to diagnose properly, also I've been drinking... Burt check your ground connections, and your IACV valve (behind the intake manifold) since it sounds like your problems are at idle............... Then disconnect your batry for 10-15 minutes and let it reset. see if that's the problem. WORD YO!

Nick_C78

How old is your fuel filter? I would start with changing it.

96LSteg

Jemel
How old is your fuel filter? I would start with changing it.
^^^this along with the little sock on the end of your fuel pump. Alot of people tend to forget about that too. Im assuming that by leak you mean a hole in your tank which could mean some possible rust/dirt which could be screwing up your gas, and the additive probably isnt helping. I would stop putting that in there, your gas wont freeze

chuktaylor07

^^^this along with the little sock on the end of your fuel pump. Alot of people tend to forget about that too. Im assuming that by leak you mean a hole in your tank which could mean some possible rust/dirt which could be screwing up your gas, and the additive probably isnt helping. I would stop putting that in there, your gas wont freeze
the heet isnt to prevent the gas from freezing. its to prevent any water that may have gotten into the tank from freezing and clogging the line.

chuktaylor07

so problem 1 is fixed, turned out that the battery terminal was corroded causing a bad ground. as for problem 2, changed the fuel filter but still the same problem. gonna check out the TPS tomorrow and will check back in.. thanks for the input it always helps to save money