Integra won't start

Jxcob

I have a 95 integra, Ls.. I drove it home from work fine but I turned it off at a friends house then came back and tried to start it and it makes no noise at all. Everything comes on like you try to start it without pushing the clutch.. I eventually pushed it and poped the clutch and drove it home but it still doesn't make any mechanical noise when you turn the keys. So one told me it could be the natural safety switch? I don't have a clue!?

GS-ZX6-R

It's called a pedal pad. Go to autozone and buy a universal grommet kit. Like $4. If you push your clutch in, you'll see 2 of these. One is very low easy to spot. The second is about a good 6-8 inches above it. Once you engage the clutch its a safety switch. So you have to push your clutch in halfway, reach your hand up there, and turn the key while holding the button.

Noneed2Hate

I literally just had the same issue.

The little yellow grommet thing on the clutch pedal is essentially what you need to replace, though the one you need is at the top of the clutch pedal (cut off in the picture due to s*** photography skills) but this should give you an idea of where to look.

I actually just used hot glue to fashion one since the button doesn't offer a lot of resistance and more or less there just need to be something there to push in the safety switch.

If you look underneath your pedal you'll probably notice some broken plastic bits.

Last edited: