Annoying sound coming from engine

VTECking

I VTAK'd on U!!!
Alright, this sound has been coming from the engine ever sence we bought the Integra. It makes a sort of "RRWWAAHH" kind of sound at 3000rpm, and it goes away when you get to a rpm higher than 3k, and when you get to a rpm lower than 3k, but if you hold the throttle at 3000rpm the engine makes the sound continuesly. One of my freinds said it might be a pulley. Can you guys please give me some more opinions on what it might be. Thanks! :)

TypeR?

Alright, this sound has been coming from the engine ever sence we bought the Integra. It makes a sort of "RRWWAAHH" kind of sound at 3000rpm, and it goes away when you get to a rpm higher than 3k, and when you get to a rpm lower than 3k, but if you hold the throttle at 3000rpm the engine makes the sound continuesly. One of my freinds said it might be a pulley. Can you guys please give me some more opinions on what it might be. Thanks! :)
is it a rattling sound and do you have a stock exhaust manifold if it is.

blitzillist

Professional RiceR
its a heat shield most likely over your catalytic converter

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
It's the header heat shield. It vibrates around 3000rpm and goes away after around 4400rpm right when you VTEC engagement. Don't trip, everyone hears that if they have a stock header.

VTECking

I VTAK'd on U!!!
It's the header heat shield. It vibrates around 3000rpm and goes away after around 4400rpm right when you VTEC engagement. Don't trip, everyone hears that if they have a stock header.
But when me and my freind opened the hood and my dad reved and held the engine at 3 the sound was coming from the right side of the engine if your standing in front of the car and looking towards the engine. I think it might be the heat sheild over the catilitic converter.

TypeR?

in my case, i took off every heat shield on the damn car and it still rattled at 3k-3500rpm. i have heard that the rattle actually comes from the bottom piece of your 2 piece exhaust manifold and mine didnt go away until i got a new header. so think of it as a reason to upgrade lol.

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
Just don't worry about the rattle. It's normal. Nothing bad is happening. I actually miss hearing it. To me, it was an indication that a car has VTEC.

Free Beef254

Dude. Finally im making some progress with this. i have had that same rattle for about 3 years now... it s just really annoying and makes my car sound like a piece and its not. i took it in to get looked at and they told me it was a baffle inside to catalytic converter. WRONG! i didn't think so, so before i spent the $500 on a new one i ordered a straight hollow test pipe and put that on in place of the cat. still heard that f&$^ 'n rattle. i took all heat sheilds off that i can get to. the cat sheild, the other one next to it, the front header sheild. couldn't get to the one behind the headers but have wiggled it and everything while the engine was running at 3,000 rpm and its very snug, no vibration there. sounds like it might be the down pipe or right out of the exhaust manifold at the gasket. if you figure it out before i do please let me know. im gonna try to get a sound clip on here for you guys to listen to. i'm pretty sure this is what VTECKING is hearing too. thanks for the help.