Which Intake Mani best for GSR?

jsnm

Which would be the best intake manifold for a gsr?I like how the stock one has the dual runners but would like a skunk2,or the like be best since it only has 1 larger one,or should i say which one would give the best power gains for an all motor?thanks.

Baldy201

What are your power goals? Where do you want your powerband? What kind of parts do you have on now?
There is no one good general manifold for the GSR. Every engine is diffrent and requires diffrent things. Deciding NA is half the batte. Now you have do decide what you want in HP and where you want your max torque at.

Last edited:

jsnm

i guess i should have noted that,im def. looking for more power in the top end/higher rpm's.i got basic upgrades,CAI,DC,N1.i know which ones do what,im just mainly wanting to know the dif. between the stock one with 2 runners and like a skunk2 with only one.wheres the difference?

Baldy201

THe basic diffrence it that the Skunk2 system has a bigger diameter in the runners for more top end power. The basic Skunk2 Manifold is a copy of the ITR manifold. So it is good to atleast 9000RPM' s in a B18c

ca86108

if u get a new IM say skunk 2... with just ur mods.. ud be slower then u are now.. ive asked this question MANY times on here trust me.. everyone said the same thing.. get cams first then IM..

DB8_228

if you get the Skunk2 IM...get a ECU upgrade too...like Mugen chipped p72. IT KICKS IN HARD! :twisted:

KaosTheory

DSMER
ca86108 said:
if u get a new IM say skunk 2... with just ur mods.. ud be slower then u are now.. ive asked this question MANY times on here trust me.. everyone said the same thing.. get cams first then IM..
ah...no dude....you can free up 10-15 hp

ca86108

so ur saying if u just have intake ex an headers... and slap on a skunk2 IM u will gain 15 hp right off the bat.. thats a load of bullshit

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
ca86108 said:
so ur saying if u just have intake ex an headers... and slap on a skunk2 IM u will gain 15 hp right off the bat.. thats a load of bullshit
Couldn't have said it better myself :)

ca's next post is correct, also.

DC2LSVTEC

you would probably gain around 4-10hp at most with the skunk2 intake manifold, get a set of ITR camshafts with it and a vtec controller and you're set to go, but if you plan on going boost in the future, then don't waste the money on intake manifold, ITR camshafts and vtec controller.