Need Help With Distributor!!!

Integra617

Chirp from 1st to 3rd!
Yeah I just got my first Integra 1996 LS.I had bought the car with no Distributor. .I had picked one up at a junkyard for 100$. Thing is i'm having trouble, I'm not sure how to install it.Installing it is not the problem it's just a buddy had told me about Timing. You have to allign and set it just right? Anyone know how? any tips or advice would be nice, thanks!

Spody02

Name: Cody
you cant mess up the timing on your motor, on some older cars it can fit in the cam anyways, but for our cars as stated it can only fit one way, but once you start the car dont tighten the 3 screws all the way, cause you have to move it back forth til you get the idle you want

jcun360

you cant mess up the timing on your motor, on some older cars it can fit in the cam anyways, but for our cars as stated it can only fit one way, but once you start the car dont tighten the 3 screws all the way, cause you have to move it back forth til you get the idle you want
x2 on that. and i usually align the top screw to center because then its somewhere near a 16 btdc.