ROTY application: TegSox

ltrain

the cars rotm worthy with the mechanics BUT it looks stock, i say a lil lower with a itr lip and lose that wing (go wingless or itr wing)

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
The modest drop keeps the ride comfortable. I agree it would look sweet with an ITR lip and wing, but then I'm not so sleeper anymore. Wingless is out of the question, I like the OEM GSR wing. I'm too grown now to be ITR winging it. Gotta keep it clean and classy, clean and classy.

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
Did a little car care today during these crazy warm temperatures. Stock wheels with snow tires onto the Civic, stock wheels back onto the Teg, SSR's into storage for the winter. Needed to change a burnt out high beam bulb too. I finally remembered I've never taken pics of my sway bar, so I snapped some while the car was up on the jack:

Suspension Techniques (19mm)

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
For a 19mm bar? You don't think those two huge braces are enough? Everything's been A-OK for almost 4 years.

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
This is from the Sway Bar Article on TI:

"The diameter of a sway bar determines it's stiffness. You can compare the stiffness of your stock sway bar to a bar you are thinking of purchasing by using a simple formula.

% stiffness compared to stock = (new diameter/stock diameter)^4

For example, if you have a GS-R with a 14mm rear sway bar and upgraded to a 22mm Type R rear sway bar you would calculate

(22/14)^4 = 6.10

This means a 22mm sway bar is roughly six times as stiff as the stock sway bar. Big difference don't you think? Subtract 1 at the end of that equation and you'll get a figure telling actually how much stiffer the bar is. So in that equation you'd come out with 5.10 or 510% stiffer than stock."

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
This is from the Sway Bar Article on TI:

"The diameter of a sway bar determines it's stiffness. You can compare the stiffness of your stock sway bar to a bar you are thinking of purchasing by using a simple formula.

% stiffness compared to stock = (new diameter/stock diameter)^4

For example, if you have a GS-R with a 14mm rear sway bar and upgraded to a 22mm Type R rear sway bar you would calculate

(22/14)^4 = 6.10

This means a 22mm sway bar is roughly six times as stiff as the stock sway bar. Big difference don't you think? Subtract 1 at the end of that equation and you'll get a figure telling actually how much stiffer the bar is. So in that equation you'd come out with 5.10 or 510% stiffer than stock."
Damn... Good shit. To think that I have a 24mm...

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
Yeah, that's why I kept my sway bar upgrade modest. I don't autocross, I keep it on the street and drag at the strip a few times a year. I don't need a huge sway bar, this ST bar made a noticeable difference for me, it goes well with my progressive rate springs and modest drop. My suspension upgrades are all in proportion to one another.

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
Yeah, that's why I kept my sway bar upgrade modest. I don't autocross, I keep it on the street and drag at the strip a few times a year. I don't need a huge sway bar, this ST bar made a noticeable difference for me, it goes well with my progressive rate springs and modest drop. My suspension upgrades are all in proportion to one another.
I noticed that your suspension setup suits you well. At least you're doing it right. Some people either do too lilttle or go overboard with their setups.