August '09 ROTM: JDMxDB8

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
The Volks look good. How do you like the RA1? I liked them when I tried them a while back ago
Thanks. I love the RA1. Once heated up to operating temperature, they just stick. They don't grease up like the RT-615. But then again, the RT-615 is a street tire. I'm curious to try out other r-comps now.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
The Yokohoma ADVAN A048 ended up being one of my personnal favorites for R-Comp "Street" tires.

I've always wanted to try out the Michelin Pilot Sport Cups as well. I've heard very good things and know a few people who run them. They are freaking expensive though, I looked at getting a set of 265/35-18's but Tire Rack wants $353/tire shaved and heat cycled so I just went all out with the G-Force R1

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
The Yokohoma ADVAN A048 ended up being one of my personnal favorites for R-Comp "Street" tires.

I've always wanted to try out the Michelin Pilot Sport Cups as well. I've heard very good things and know a few people who run them. They are freaking expensive though, I looked at getting a set of 265/35-18's but Tire Rack wants $353/tire shaved and heat cycled so I just went all out with the G-Force R1
I really want to try the A048 one day. I definitely would get a set of the G-Force R1 if I could tow the DB8. In a couple of years, I'll get a truck and a trailer.

teggyboy21

I have a lot of respect for you due to the fact that you keep that thing looking/running great with 223K original miles. Great job on the maintenance, just comes to show that these cars will run forever if they are treated right.

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
I have a lot of respect for you due to the fact that you keep that thing looking/running great with 223K original miles. Great job on the maintenance, just comes to show that these cars will run forever if they are treated right.
I appreciate the kind words man. :thumbs up

rsxer63

True, when I sold my 94gsr I had over 270k and it still screamed.

EF9Tuning

GL i voted for for even thou we shall be rivals in July. I wish you could come to MD and run the Touge here..... ill have to film some of it....we both have Touge monsters

EF9Tuning

lol np.. im about to get a new suspension setup how do you like the skunk 2? I hear alot of good and a little of bad things im looking at skunk 2 omni power or function because of their price range. With pro-C can you adjust damper?

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
lol np.. im about to get a new suspension setup how do you like the skunk 2? I hear alot of good and a little of bad things im looking at skunk 2 omni power or function because of their price range. With pro-C can you adjust damper?
I am very happy with my Skunk2 Pro-C. Yes, the Pro-C has adjustable damping.