Help temp gauge not working

93loweredf1

Hi guys ive got a 93 integra ls and my temp gauges seems not to be working properly, i have checked for coolant in the reservoir in there is some in there, im wondering what else it could be thats causing for an inna appropriate reading?

thanks

93loweredf1

yeahi was thinking the thermostat also , the heat is somewhat ok thats the only reason im inspecting this because im think the heat can be betterim thinking about flushing out the old coolant, put new coolant, flush rad, and put brand new fresh coolant in there. when doing all of this is there a bolt to bleed the system when im done? thanks for the help

xusake

is your heat gauge close to c or h? because i think that all 90-93 teg, mine does the same havnt look at it yet either.

Last edited:

Spody02

Name: Cody
if it stays on C the basically the whole time its your thermostat

93loweredf1

if it stays on C the basically the whole time its your thermostat
yea it does usually stay on the cold and sometimes once in a while goes up to the middle.but i think with me doing all the my cooling system would be used to its best performance. while me doing all of this do you guys recomend replacing this rad cap? thanks for all the input gus

Spody02

Name: Cody
just replace the thermostat and you'll be fine, honda made all there thermostats to stay open when they go bad so it dosent over heat, its your thermostat i'm 100% sure

xusake

just replace the thermostat and you'll be fine, honda made all there thermostats to stay open when they go bad so it dosent over heat, its your thermostat i'm 100% sure
x2 im gonna have to change mine also i got my duralast 190 degree