temperature gauge not working

mikenichol123

facebook= mnichol3
well noticed yesterday my temp gauge was on cold after driving 15mins. usually by then its moved off of cold. well after getting home tonight i looked under my hood and looked around and noticed alittle smoking in the back under my intake manifold. there is a T connector conected to 3 coolant lines. one hose going into where the thermostat is and another going into the intake manifold and the third hose goes to the upper radiator hose neck that goes into the head. well right at the T connector it seems to be leaking there. i put my finger on the back side and i have fluid all over my fingers and its seems to be smoking off of the T connector and the hoses. from what i seen of the hoses they all look good. dont see can holes or crackes. does any one have a clue what might be going on? im sorta thinking the thermastat is bad and is stuck closed or something and might be forcing the coolant to leak out around where the hoses are clamped to the T connector. like i said my guage dont move at all and i had my car running for about 5 mins after a 15 min drive and the fan never kicked on but i have good hot heat in my car. well hope some one can help me out thanks

spyk3

id pull your thermostat and check it anyways, if its leaking around the t then your stat is probably closed shut.

suspendedHatch

Legalize Illegal Aliens
I'm pretty sure that the CLT controlling the cage is in the bottom of the radiator. You can feel your hoses to see if coolant is circulating through the radiator. One should be hot, the other cold. Could also be the gauge itself in the cluster. Download the Helms from hondahookup for the test procedure.

the temp sender should be in the stat housing...

The one in the radiator should work the fans.

just need to remove and replace it.

the one in the thermostat housing is your thermal switch to activate the fans, the one in the side of the block is the sending unit for your gauge, check the resistance on the one in the block to make sure it is still working properly.

15.00 shipped I have it tin stock I can send it out monday, u will have it on tuesday

suspendedHatch

Legalize Illegal Aliens
the one in the thermostat housing is your thermal switch to activate the fans, the one in the side of the block is the sending unit for your gauge, check the resistance on the one in the block to make sure it is still working properly.
I just checked the Helms and can confirm this is correct. On the side of the HEAD underneath the distributor you have two coolant sensors. The one with the larger plug connector is a coolant sensor. The one pin that just has a metal nipple on it is your gauge sending unit.

mikenichol123

facebook= mnichol3
well i forgot about this thread lol. well it was a loose conection at the sensor and i looked at the hosw and it had a pin hole leak in it. needles to say every thing is fixed and back to normal and i even ripped all my ac last night cause it never worked and saved me some weight