Horse Power Increase

maxsjohnson

Hello everyone. I just bought a 1995 Integra. It already has an intake, headers and exhaust installed. The motor is a 1.8 with no v-tech. So I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on the best way for me to increase my horsepower for only a couple hundred dollars. I was looking at electric superchargers and computer chips and stuff and I have no idea which way I should go.

DC_Five_Earl

Hello everyone. I just bought a 1995 Integra. It already has an intake, headers and exhaust installed. The motor is a 1.8 with no v-tech. So I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on the best way for me to increase my horsepower for only a couple hundred dollars. I was looking at electric superchargers and computer chips and stuff and I have no idea which way I should go.
Welcome to Club Integra, well only real way to make a little more power is to get cams and a tune. Since you already have bolt-ons that should be the next route. Remember if you wanna make real power you gotta pay up.

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
Get a high flow cat, complete the exhaust system.

mirrorimg

so you dont think something like this would be worth it
http://www.electricsupercharger.net/index.php
No. It is a good theory, but has not been proven to work yet. To put things in perspective... Im spending about $3000 on my motor, and I will probably get about 180whp.

You can spend about $1500-$3000 to turbocharge youre motor and make more power.

You need money to make your car faster, anything like what you posted is a gimmick.

And the picture on the "Press" tab is of a real turbocharger, which is driven by exhaust gases.

Last edited:

maxsjohnson

it does say there is a 100% guarantee for 14 days tho
so if I dont notice a difference I could just send it back

mirrorimg

Waste of money in my opinion.

All it is is a little dinky fan that sits in your intake pipe. The picture of an actual turbo charger at the top, as well as in the pic on one of their pages is misleading.

maxsjohnson

This is what the site says it does:
The electric supercharger compresses air via compressor electrically, then sends it into your combustion chamber. Air is taken from your intake filter, and is sent down the intake manifold. The supercharger is hooked in parallel to your vehicles existing intake plenum.

MattLaBonte

Dude go for it and let us know how it goes, but when it doesn't work and they won't except that return because its already been put on your car don't come back to us. Theres a reason that parts costs a lot of money and people invest in 1700 dollar turbos. Theyre not doing it to boast about spending 2 grand on a turbo, they spend that kind of money for quality. If everyone could sell they're turbo kits for 200 bucks and sell to everyone they would but they can't. If this electro charger was as great as they say it is don't you think people would use it by now? I have not heard of that once in my life.

Suprman91

"Zip-Tie-It!" - Wisdom
Dude go for it and let us know how it goes, but when it doesn't work and they won't except that return because its already been put on your car don't come back to us. Theres a reason that parts costs a lot of money and people invest in 1700 dollar turbos. Theyre not doing it to boast about spending 2 grand on a turbo, they spend that kind of money for quality. If everyone could sell they're turbo kits for 200 bucks and sell to everyone they would but they can't. If this electro charger was as great as they say it is don't you think people would use it by now? I have not heard of that once in my life.
first time for everything dude...every new thing is questioned, but it does sound sketchy i would wait a while till it gets dyno proven or something