skunk2 pro c help

sotashadow

GO!TEG!GO!
so got this setup switched from the pro s. My question is why does the rear drop way more than the front? Is it to protect the oil pan? Ive heard if you want more low you have to increase the spring preload a bit. Wont it feel weird if i put a ton of preload on the fronts? Anyone else have this problem?Im thinking it might be because im rockin 15 inch slipstreams that the drop on the front doesnt seem like much

sotashadow

GO!TEG!GO!
how would you compare unless you tell me where you measured from on mine i measure underneath the perch to the top of the rotating base. I judge by how much finger you can fit between the gap. there is none in the back and like a fingers worth on the front

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
You don't have to put a ton of preload on the springs to lower it. The Skunk2 Pro-C has seperate preload and ride height adjustment.

The spring perch directly under the spring adjusts preload. Look lower down on the threaded shock body and you will see another perch just above the lower mount. Adjusting that adjusts height without effecting preload.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
yeah i know its maxed out
Oh. Well if you want more than a 3" drop, then yes, you will have to preload the springs. The Pro-C only allows for about 3" with the threaded body. But I can't imagine that 3" isn't a sufficient drop. What size tires are you running?

sotashadow

GO!TEG!GO!
so i took out one of the collars and it seems to be low enough this way i dont have crazy preload what do you guys think?i have falkin 195/55 r15