Temperature Gauge

3Axis

mothaf*cka...
Okay, it's getting quite a bit colder around here, and it's affecting my car in an odd way. The car has been running fine, but something is strange with the oil temperature gauge. When the car has been idling for about 15 minutes and stationary, the oil temp gauge is at the middle, which I'm sure is normal temperature. But when the car is moving, the temperature doesn't register at all. I know the engine will be cooled more efficiently when air is actively passing through the radiator, but why am I not getting any significant heat from the climate control. And even turning the heater on makes the temp fall way down. Is this the thermostat going bad? And if it is, is it also the reason the car is idling high all the time. I tweaked the idle to operate at 750 - 1000 RPM and it normally does, except when you come to a stop and it floats around 1500 to 2000.

So any help would be appreciated :suprise:

3Axis

mothaf*cka...
The oil is right where it should be and the coolant system has absolutely no air in it whatsoever.When you start it will first fast idle and then drop to the regular 750 RPM. But after you drive it down the street for less than 10 minutes and go into neutral or press the clutch it will idle around 2000. It does this most often when the temp gauge is to the left of the first bar on the meter. When it's about 1/3 in temp range the idle will be normal.

timothymcnamee

I'm new to the board, just bought my first Integra yesterday :). I'm having the same issue, only my temp gauge doesn't read any temperature at all. I'm going to check into the coolant temp sensor, and probably replace the thermostat. Let me know if you found a solution to your problem, it might help me out!

e2dac

my car in this below 20 weather olny gets a reading on my temp gauge if it idles for a couple min but if i drive it the temp drops all the way to 0 i even put the fan to a switch and dont even turn it on ...is that what ur car did ? and u fixed the thermostat? and it warms up even when u go down the highway

3Axis

mothaf*cka...
It did that. Yes. When it was just idling it would get warm, but once the cold air was passing through the radiator it took all the heat away. I started using a cardboard shield. Replace the thermostat and it should go away.

whitedc4

i replaced my thermostat a couple weeks ago and fixed a similar problem. fixed the problem for me.

edit" late response sorry