b18a1 build Ls vtec turbo?

90teggysue

I was wanting to know if any has sleeved a b18a1 and did Ls vtec with it and how reliable it was?
Im wanting to bore my block out and put 84mm Darton sleeves in the block and forged rods and Je pistons to a compression ratio of around 9:0:1 and I was ganna run like 15psi daily but tune it up to like 20psi-25 on race nights?LMAO I wanna do b16 head with skunk 2 pro series Cams springs and retainers stock valves and skunk2 pro series intake mani and t3/t4 turbo with ram horn mani? let me know opinions/facts please

90teggysue

Thats what im tryna do the only thing thats ganna b stock is my crank and valves.. and Im just buyin parts every time im gettin paid and I wanna be done by coming up spring...so its my 1 engine build project and i wanna do it while its winter! Ive already tranny swap the bitch cuz it was auto.. :D so now I have 2 ripp a bunch of the auto stuff out while the motor is out.. Im probly ganna buy a 0bd1 wire harness also

Slo_Teggy

Slow Driver
the more your bore your block, the less compression it can have. You don't want the walls too thin or it will just blow up. If you keep it 81mm or 81.5-82mm, it will still be able to hand the pressure. sure you're sleeving it but it's still weaker then an 82mm bore with a sleeved block. Up to you though.

It sounds like you know what you're doing so god speed.

emd513

dude mine is at 84mm and the walls are plenty thick.i have no worries about it blowing or warping the walls. i also talked to my machine shop and he and another guy that has built motors for the last 20 years said i could go bigger and not worrie. and right now if i stay low with compression i could boost 25lbs easy and not every worrie about my walls

90teggysue

Well It will be my first build so Im tryna choose the right path for reliablity :D what kinda pistons u use and what comp ratio ? Im really wanting to do 84mm tho ya know HA I might just go with 82mm for the 1st build because now that I think of it if I were to bore up to like 84mm that equals less support from the block and OEM sleeves.. So like im thinking its like putting a whale in a tea cup..if u understand what im saying? idk its fucking hard for me to choose on going 82mm or 84mm for the 1st time build :D