b18a1 turbo bolt ons

Troppysteg

My teg has 216k on it. And i dont wanna break into the motor because its my dd. I was just wondering if i could just slap on a t3t4 turbo, piping, intercooler run like five pounds. And push a little over 150-160 hp safely and call it a day. Any insight??

Aqualite_Solid

DB7 no Aston
Honestly I'd be a waste of time running 5lbs... Vs the potential of rod failure... I'd just get a header exhaust throttle body and a mild cam set up... With the same results

Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk 2

Havok114

That's a lie ^ , I've ran my car untuned wasn't a smart choice but she's still alive.

Sent from my pager

Troppysteg

how would i go about tuning it? ive been tryin to look it up and i havent found much considering theres no access port.

Muckman

Not a M0derator
Do you mean 160hp GAIN or 160hp total?
You need to tune any major modifcation.
You need to do alot more research.

djzachtyler

Looking for my next Teg..
Honestly I'd be a waste of time running 5lbs... Vs the potential of rod failure... I'd just get a header exhaust throttle body and a mild cam set up... With the same results

Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk 2
you could go this route, or go simpler... Get a AEM CAI, DC Sports Header and you will get a noticeable enough boost to low and midrange acceleration without risking blowing the motor for a little more add some stage 2 cams.

B18A1 stock will take ok to low boost, but only with a rebuild and a tune. for higher boost applications you would have to get aftermarket bottom end parts (Rods, bearings, etc)

You definitely don't want to just slap a turbo on a higher mileage engine, like others have pointed out you will risk damaging those old &worn parts... and need a new engine before too long.

Troppysteg

lol yeah i figured, i was just see in if anyone had done it for shits and gigs and had no problems with it. ahhh wellll! I'm guess with full exhaust its gonna throw a motor code?

96LSteg

Jemel
no why would it throw a code for a full exhaust? as long as you put all o2 sensors in the correct positions and have a cat you won't throw any codes...

djzachtyler

Looking for my next Teg..
some aftermarket headers will require you to re-locate the o2, I have the DC Sports 4-2-1 Ceramic street header, but even moving the o2 to the new location I haven't gotten any codes thrown. you would be fine