Rpm gauge bounces when I hit the gas peddle. Help!

Teggy93012

Rpm gauge bounces when I hit the peddle. I'm thinking its the distributor. I've changed the spark plugs, distri cap, rotor, plug wires. And it's getting progressively bad now. Before the gauge would start bouncing after 5k rpm but now once I press the gas. It feels like it's loosing power while its in any gear. Any one that has some understand on what this might be I would appreciate it.

Teggy93012

I forgot to add that when I put it on first and second gear the car will rattle and shake the door panels not too aggressively but some what mild. I'm not sure if it has to do with the rpm problem aswell.

Teggy93012

Btw this is my first time using this forums so bare with me. I forgot to mention I have a 3rd generation 97 Integra Gsr. It was turbod before: and now it's bak to stock.

djzachtyler

Looking for my next Teg..
Yeeeee... that motor could be suffering... allthough if I were to make an educated guess it almost sounds to me like the mechanical timing of off...

TheIVJackal

Freedom through Jesus
The rattling of your car is probably due to worn motor mounts/transmission mount. Check the connections to the Distributor and all the other things mentioned above. Might as well replace Dizzy if all else checks out. Let us know what you figure out.
- Aaron