Understeer/oversteer/neutral advice

TeggyRussE

DumDeeDum
Getting some GC's and im having a brain fart with all this information I've been reading thru the forums.

95 gsr
Koni sport yellows
22mm rear sway bar
Stock front sway bay
Ebay no name sleeves springs

The car i believe is neutral with a tad of understeer. I havent pushed it to the limit other than on ramps.

Question is- if i get 450f/450r will i be at the same stand point as i am now??(Neutral w/ tad understeer)
Could i just fine tune the suspension to compensate after?

I called GC and he recommended 450f/350r
Due to the safety of understeer and comfort

i will be DD this car 60% and 40% learning track

Last edited:

Nick_C78

Impossible to say where you are now since ebay coils. 450/450 is decent. Won't cause you to spin or anything. I have 600f/700r on my track car with a way stiffer rear. That bitch is twichty.

TeggyRussE

DumDeeDum
Impossible to say where you are now since ebay coils. 450/450 is decent. Won't cause you to spin or anything. I have 600f/700r on my track car with a way stiffer rear. That bitch is twichty.
I couldn't even imagine man. I'd be shittn bricks.

Alittle more research and if what I have read is correct 400f/400r with a 22mm sway and -1f to -1.5f , -2r camber 0 toe all around it ahould give me mild oversteer

Nick_C78

Do the 450f/450r. Switch that alignment settings. -2 front and -1.5 rear. 0 toe all around. More rear camber eliminates overseer. Also, your springs and swaybar will be too soft for any real oversteer. What tires?

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
do factory toe to learn on. Understeer is easier to learn how to drive with than a twitchy back end. Nick likes his cars to rotate a lot. I have 800lb front springs and 700 rear. My car handled fairly neutral.

TeggyRussE

DumDeeDum
Do the 450f/450r. Switch that alignment settings. -2 front and -1.5 rear. 0 toe all around. More rear camber eliminates overseer. Also, your springs and swaybar will be too soft for any real oversteer. What tires?
As of now front falken 912 ziex (about 35%) and Rear (less than 1000miles) Yokohama s. Drives.

TeggyRussE

DumDeeDum
Yea i would prefer neutral handling until i get fairly familiar with it on the track. Then i have the option to purchase firmer rear springs for oversteer or vise versa.