New Super Build

ALWIZFLYY

Acura Driver
The title pretty much says it all. Any and all recommendations are welcome, looking to do a DD set up to produce around 400-500hp. Trying to decide on whether to start off with a Dart block or get the b18 sleeved. Yes the dart block is mighty expensive, so if I go that route I don't want to let it go to waste. I want to go with forged Pistons and rods of course. Need suggestions on the head and tranny. This will be a project so if you're willing to rock with me the entire way then let's do it!

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
gsr head is better for boost from what i remember. Transmission for boost, i would do a gsr transmission with beefed up internals and a torsen lsd.

ALWIZFLYY

Acura Driver
Look into CSS for that power level. I wouldn't recommend a Dart block until you get to 750ish level or you do not have a quality donor block to machine.

http://www.cylindersupportsystem.com

The B18B1 I have in the engine now has been rebuilt a few months ago. Only has about 3,000 miles on it. I guess I can just get it sleeved and go from there.

Nick_C78

Do not sleeve a b18b1....what a fucking waste that would be. Sleeve a gsr block so you can have proper oil passages...

ALWIZFLYY

Acura Driver
Do not sleeve a b18b1....what a fucking waste that would be. Sleeve a gsr block so you can have proper oil passages...

Didn't even think about sleeving the b18c1. I was focused on pulling my engine and sleeving it but that's a great idea. Allows me to drive my Teg longer while I build the other engine on the side too. Just gotta find a b18c1 core. And a vtec head.

Muckman

Not a M0derator
Nick is right. With GSR blocks at 100-150 there's no reason not to.

ALWIZFLYY

Acura Driver
Sleeved B18B1 block, forged pistons (wiseco 8:8:1 compression) and rods (eagle), stock crankshaft. How's that sound for a bottom end? Most of you guys say build a gsr block instead, but I'm sticking to the b18b1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk