motor mounts

mdan9193

Mdan
So. I just foubd out my rear and driver side upper motor mount the one by the windshield reservoir are trashed, which im assuming explains the vibrations and rumbling I've been having in the frontfront of the car when i drive. I'm ordering the parts from rockauto and I have a quick question. They have them labeled as front left abd frobt right. Is it the left or right facing the engine or while sitting in the car? I'm confused on the labeling.

PS the car is a 98 auto ls

Last edited:

mdan9193

Mdan
Thanks a lot bro. I have one more question. How many motor mounts does my 98 automatic integra LS have? I am thinking 4 correct? One on the driver side, one on the rear, one in the front, and one on the passenger by the transmission? What is the lower front one called? I'm trying to order it but can't even find it lol.

The reason why I"m asking is because there is one that says FRONT W/4AT and then another one that says FRONT LEFT LOWER W/4AT. Do I need to get both? Because just the front and the rear is bad, and I thought there was only 1 in the front. HELP PLEASE!

Last edited:

mdan9193

Mdan
lol this is confusing because different sources are saying different things. I just left autozone and they said my 98 ls automatic only has 3 mounts, one in the rear, one in the lower front, and one in the upper front (the big round looking one on the side of the engine by the windshield/power steering reservoir). Yet online says there are 4 engine mounts, not including the trans mount - one in the rear, one in the lower left front, one in the lower right front, and one in the upper right front (THIS IS IF YOUR FACING THE ENGINE AND HOOD).

My mechanic said I need the two lower front left and right side and the rear thats it because the trans mount and side upper engine mount is fine.