DC2 k20 turbo swap help!!!!

turboteggy

Meem Sleem
I have a 1994 intergra rs b18b1 turbo and im thinking about swapping it for a k20 because My current engine is toast lol.

Will a k20a3 engine fit right in or will i have trouble getting it to fit?
Should I buy another b18b for a smooth swap or stick with the k20 idea?...need your opinions
and Is $1900 too much for a k20a3 with approx. 39k miles on it
The Motor comes with following parts:
Complete Head and block
Wiring Harness and ECU (PND)
5 Speed Manual Transmission
Shifter
Down Pipe
and Axles

If Anyone has any tips on this subject , please let me know, it will help so much.....by the way, i also want to keep my turbo on the car if its possible. Its a garrett t3/t04e turbo. Help me pleaseeee!!!!

BambinoGS

Anti-Ricer
It is NOT a simple swap. It requires a lot of modification. You can probably keep your turbo but it will spool sooner.

AlexD

J13 sooo mad
dude you seriously need to start searching. Start on K20a.org and Hybrid racing. Theres tons of threads on this

to get a k20 to fit into your bay youre going to need a k20 engine for starters.

youll need engine mounts. Youll have to chop your old mounts off and drill in the new ones.

youll need to either cut your shifter area to accommodate a new shifter box, run new shifter cables to a transmission that youll also have to find.

On top of that, you need to make sure youve got all the sensors you need and that they will work with the ecu that you plan to buy. Another thing is, youll need a K20 engine harness for the ecu, and a conversion harness.

Once youve got that youll need axles, and youll need to find a way to run your fuel system, and choose whether youll keep the oem fuel filter or run an inline fuel filter.

Thats all I can think of at the moment, but im positive theres more to it.

Jvest

*GET SHOOK*
Do the research and figure out a game plan. then throw the k in and be done.

reg_lus

k20, you gotta do some fram work cutting. If its neccessary (never been through a K but pretty sure some needs to be cut)
just like our h22 project when we first started. we thought i was gonna
be hard just cutting the fram. but the outcome was easy as eating a banana. well, personally in my opinion.
just measure everything & check before you cut it anything.

EDIT: Maybe I can be wrong about our H Series because It's almost Identical to a B series, which is a whole lot different in a K serise!

But i say go with a K, But if you want you can go with a H series..lol

Last edited: