93 Integra Help

matterick

new member here looing for some tips. I'm new to imports and am more of a muscle car guy, none the less, I have a 91 Integra LS and I need to make it go faster. Seems like theres several options of computer chips, wondering what all you guys recommend to get. Also any other subtle part swaps to help motor performance or handling, I'm all ears to listen. Like I mentioned though, it's all got to be not easily noticable so I dont get questioned. (i'm not the only one cheating on the track, we all do)

so far I've put a few degrees camber and lowered the car a tiiiiny bit...Any tips help! especially on performance computer chips! Thanks!

image hosting

94RS

No fucks given.
Is it a 93 or a 91?

Chips don't do anything unless you get tuned on Hondata, but I doubt you wanna go that route since the car looks like it's been pulled from a junkyard and thrown on a track.

Is it a 93 or a 91?

Chips don't do anything unless you get tuned on Hondata, but I doubt you wanna go that route since the car looks like it's been pulled from a junkyard and thrown on a track.
This statement is so far from the truth. There are plenty of tuning programs other than Hondata that can give good results. Tuning a stock motor is relatively pointless though, no matter the program you're tuning on.

klutchDb7

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
Agreed^ I believe OP is possibly referring to those "50+ hp" chips, which are utter garbage. Build your car up a bit first, then do the tuning

94RS

No fucks given.
This statement is so far from the truth. There are plenty of tuning programs other than Hondata that can give good results. Tuning a stock motor is relatively pointless though, no matter the program you're tuning on.
I was just referring to Hondata as an example, I know there's other programs, that was just the first that came to mind. Like klutch said though, I thought the OP was talking about those stupid ass 50-80hp chips that don't do a damn thing.

Sorry for confusion.

matterick

Its a 91, and exactly the reason I'm asking for recommendations..I saw several that advertised 50-60 hp increase and that was clearly too good to be true. I figured though there must be something that actually is a good upgrade..appearently not so much though is what I'm getting from this?

as for pulling the car out of the junkyard, nah, It was a nice little Integra before I got it. I wanted something nice so I knew it hadn't been abused (yet)

And I totally hear you on tuning a stock motor to be pointless. But I am after every little extra edge I can get. We run pretty tight races. Typically its a pack of Integra's at the top of each race..

Last edited:
I was just referring to Hondata as an example, I know there's other programs, that was just the first that came to mind. Like klutch said though, I thought the OP was talking about those stupid ass 50-80hp chips that don't do a damn thing.

Sorry for confusion.
Gotcha. No worries.

j13

Keep It Clean
Gsr engine, racing clutch, gut the car, coilovers, thick rear sway bar, good tires

Last edited:

cboe90DA

Gsr engine, racing clutch, gut the car, coilovers, thick rear sway bar, good tires
i hate gutted cars. it wont mke ur car that much fast if u gut it.1 maybe .2 off ur time its useless. and the rear swar wont make ur car faster srry.

i hate gutted cars. it wont mke ur car that much fast if u gut it.1 maybe .2 off ur time its useless. and the rear swar wont make ur car faster srry.
Seems that the car is only tracked, so an interior is kind of useless. And the sway bar will make a difference in cornering. Some people don't just go strait.

matterick

Thanks! Got a good recommendation on a specific:) sway bar or just one out of any performance warehouse?

Its required to be torn out anyways. Fire hazzard
Seems that the car is only tracked, so an interior is kind of useless. And the sway bar will make a difference in cornering. Some people don't just go strait.
Definitely gonna look into the sway bar. And yep we run an oval sometimes and then a course the other times