90-93 Headlight retro fit.

rshou

I've been reading up a lot about retrofitting and which projectors would be best to retrofit with. My main problem is finding a good DIY guide to use as a reference. I've been searching through this forum, and HIdplanet for any guides but most of the results i find are just pictures of the final product. I would really appreciate it if anybody would be able to lead me in the right direction. Im planning to retrofit projectors into the one piece ebay headlights. I understand that this isn't the first choice headlight for people, but i think its a lot better then spending $700 on jdm one pieces. heres a pictures of the headlights for reference http://www.dashzracing.com/images/P/HLX-SP-AC001-CP-P5-01.jpg
thanks for looking.

Aloha from hawaii,
-Ryan

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
I havent looked through hidplanet for DA specific retros since i dont have a DA but with any reflector type housing its generally the same instruction. Separate lens from back housing, decide how you want to mount up your projector and what shroud you will use with it, mount said projectors and make a wiring harness. Lack of details yes i know but heres what i would do. Read through different threads that do have decent instructions with pictures. Take note of how they mounted it (people use different methods so decide what you want to do) and plan out your steps before you start. This will eliminate as much downtime as possible. Id probably take special note of cars with similar shaped headlights like the accord. As i said, the general procedure for all reflector type headlights is the same, you mount them up to the reflector bowl from the front and just secure it in place taking into account fine tuning the alignment before finalizing.

I think those ebay headlights look fine for a retro and will probably look great with the black housing. I dig those. I just looked at the retro database on hidplanet real quick and there is one DA but only has pictures like you said. lol Same headlights though and they look pretty good. So apply the same steps you see in another guide in a reflector set up to yours. Anyone who can work some tools and capable of fix it or diy can do this.

Heres one of a 90 accord. Kinda short but like i said the idea is incredibly simple. Open housing, bolt up projector, wire everything up.
http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?22216-90-ACCORD-RX-AFS-E30-Retrofit-!!56K-Notice!!

Over the weekend we opened up my friends tacoma headlights to paint the housing black. Eventually he wants to retro some hid's in there and thats all we gotta do. Everything you need to know in terms of what to do are on that site and can be universally applied to nearly every headlight. With the exception of small detail. Have fun, youll love em when youre done!

Last edited: