Ty's '07 Cobalt SS/SC

94RS

No fucks given.
Gotta love Amazon.... ACDelco Iridium spark plugs made by NGK, $3.84 per plug. ACDelco themselves are running a rebate all year of $3 back per plug. If you buy them with the NGK logo, they're close to $8 per plug :rolf:

jdmjim

nothing from nowhere
looks good, needs a lil lower tho;) I was so close to buying a blue one wouldn't deal on my teg, I think it was like 22,000 dollars

94RS

No fucks given.
Won't be going any lower on this car. I want to keep it as stock as possible... Gotta have something reliable while I keep throwing money at the bottomless pit of an Integra :lol:

22k for a Cobalt SS... I'm guessing it was brand new at the time? Pretty damn cheap for all that you get in them.... Just a shame they stopped making the things before I got my license :lol:

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
So you finally came out the closet? Neat way of telling everyone by buying this car.. :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

94RS

No fucks given.
So you finally came out the closet? Neat way of telling everyone by buying this car.. :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sure did. Just make sure you bend over for me to drive it up your ass :naughty:

Last edited:

94RS

No fucks given.
Started pulling the dash trim pieces off for paint tomorrow.

Then I realized that these cars have the biggest f***ing doors I've ever seen on a "compact" car :lol:

Anyway.... Got the trim pieces out. Excuse the filthy mats, it's rained nearly every f***ing day here for the past month.

Pulled the SS emblem off with a heat gun.

So trying to get the leftover residue from the SS emblem off with Turtle Wax decal remover....

Ever see what Aircraft Remover does to badly spray painted wheels? It did that to the silver s*** :lol:

Half a can of remover and a dish sponge later...

Paint should come tomorrow if rain holds out. The white one will be replacing the red one.

94RS

No fucks given.
In other news, once the dash trim was out I reached up to try to push out the "faulty" hazard switch only to find out the fucking thing wasn't plugged in... The wire was wrapped around the steering column. Of course I find this out AFTER I order a new one from Amazon. :smackself:

94RS

No fucks given.
Not perfect, but much better than the silver shit before.

Obviously all the dash trim. The door handles were painted black, and the black HVAC panel just came in the mail today.

I think at some point in the future, I'll head to a junkyard and pick up extra trim pieces, then bring those to an auto body shop and have them shoot the same color as the car (Victory red). I'm fine with how it sits for now.

94RS

No fucks given.
Turns out that there's an OEM option for the trim pieces painted in the correct Victory Red.... :smackself:

Also been thinking about switching the grille to the mesh-look one that came on the SS/TC, along with the lower grille. SS/SC's didn't come with a lower grille.

94RS

No fucks given.
WTF did you do to this car now?!?!:nono::wtf::wak::what:

:rolf:

All I did was clean the air filter

The intake sits under the drivers side headlight. It's easier to take out the headlight and its bracket (6 bolts) than it is to pull off the wheel and drop the fender liner