Official DSLR Photography Thread

bryphotoguy

Noob- Be Gentle
I found something that worked decently. I redid the first photo but now you can see some of the fuzz my towel left behind!

Your above photo is pretty good but the skin tones are WAY over processed IMO. It looks fake.

JSPEC Ek9

- VeLoCiTy -
I found something that worked decently. I redid the first photo but now you can see some of the fuzz my towel left behind!

Your above photo is pretty good but the skin tones are WAY over processed IMO. It looks fake.
yeah, i was trying to give a little pazaze.......hehehe

here's a picture i edited using tone mappinig off photomatix, sorry if it's a little grainy, didn'th ave my noise reducer.

Last edited:

bryphotoguy

Noob- Be Gentle
I think that's what I am using- Photomax.

Lightroom is pretty cool too. I think I might buy that too.

Anything I really can't do in the darkroom I try and avoid doing digitally. Tone mapping and HDR helps out a lot but it seems like am achieving the same with one photo using LR.

Thanks for the tips.

99sil-teg

Jointhe Wingless Movement
The pic that you used the tone mapping on is sweet! Is that program a apple program or windows?

bryphotoguy

Noob- Be Gentle
I downloaded half a dozen apps to try out. I am never in front of my computer so I can't fully recall the name.

99sil-teg

Jointhe Wingless Movement
Here are some pics I have taken just messin' around, they aren't very good but they are a start :lol:

oppi-10

yin yin
The XT is probably my least favorite DSLR. I'd never buy a Rebel just because of that one.
I like the D80. If I could afford my own camera, that's what I would get. Right now I can borrow what want from work for free so there is no need to buy inferior equipment.
why's the rebel xt so bad?

Last edited: