Skunk2 Lowering Springs vs Tein lowering springs

da9teggy

hi how are u doing integra lover i am trying to see which looks better on 1990 integra the tein springs or the skunk2 please show a pic of ur car so i can see please !!!!! this would be very helpful

da9teggy

im like kind of noob but stiff is better or???

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
depends if you daily drive or track your car.
for circuit racing stiff is good
auto x stiff is bad
dd depends on the driver

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
d2 from what i understand is stiff and idk
i would go with HnR springs or tein for a dd

da9teggy

d2 from what i understand is stiff and idk
i would go with HnR springs or tein for a dd
but how much drop would it give me cuz the skunk2 drop iz nice .... cuz i want a 2" drop in the back and a 2.25" in the front would teun have that with out me having to buy coilovers

Rich-PMS

Ive always heard/experianced skunk2 being bouncy. This is the first I've heard of then being stiff.

nathan_carmona

Gold Member
I have skunk2's i wanna sell. I'm putting tein high techs in cause the skunk2s have a 2.5 in drop and the tein have a 1.5 in drop and I wanted to raise mine back up. Look at my thread. Just search "2lgt2qt" Thats my da9 with the skunk2s.

da9teggy

okay since i just want the nice low look can i just buy ebay coilover and get some good shocks and struts tell me what u think its just for the look am not racing it or nuting

nathan_carmona

Gold Member
ebay stuff will look nice (for a while) but your rides suspension is gonna be jacked with ebay springs. And if your not racing, why do you need shocks and struts? Honestly just get some name brand lowering springs. Theyre not that expensive, they aren't gonna mess up your ride, they're gonna last, and they'll give you that look you want.

DB7xsjado

Old Skool
whether you're getting ebay springs or name brand, you should still upgrade to at least stock replacement shocks if the drop will be anywhere from 1"-1.5"..any lower than 2"-2.5" you need to look into some shocks that are better than stock replacements or you'll kill them within a month or 2 if you're lucky

crussell2009

98 black gsr CLEAN coupe
Check the club integra store for shock/spring combo's man, I just orderd the tokico blue set w/ tokico springs...not as big of a drop as what your talking about but it looks nice, rides great, and handles great.