natt2000's B18c1 rebuild thread

natt2000

This past weekend i picked up a b18c1 for my 91 gs, im racing on circle tracks, for 450. The motor must remain stock, so it will be rebuilt with oem or similar parts. It's in need of alot of parts, but atleast i have all winter to get them! I went to autozone today and picked up some heavy duty degreaser and made everything all shiny again! (and a little rusty...) So here are some pics of what i have to work with:

heres the block, breakin' in the new engine stand :)

Time for a hone!

Man you could eat off of that!

rotating assembly. main bearing caps, girdle, crank, rods and pistons

The crank. the #1 rod journal (top) is kinda scuffed up, but I'm not really sure what to do about it. any advice?

piston/rod

had some sealed power rod bearings laying around so ill be using theese, along with acl main bearings and thrust bearings

And here are some pics of the head

The head and block look like they have been recently shaved and decked, so i wont be doing that this time around.

The head and block look like they have been recently shaved and decked, so i wont be doing that this time around.
Cams, caps, etc. missing 2 side cam caps

I just purchased a p72 manifold and a master gasket kit/oem timing belt, and i am anxiously waiting on their arrival! When i get a check for the days my work forgot to pay me, I'll be getting the motor honed.

Here is a list of what else ill be needing:
hanes manual
hone, followed by a coat of oil to keep the cylinder bores from rusting
rings
acl mains and thrust washers
plastigauge
waterpump and bolts
knock sensor
tensioner
throwout/pilot bearing
arp flywheel bolts
pcv valve
ngk plugs
obd 1 plug to splice into harness
vtec sub harness
virgin p72 ecu
distributor
o2 sensor
p72 throttle body
some type of black urethane from home depot most likely, to fill in and stiffen the motor mounts

if you have any of theese parts, feel free to contact me!

Last edited: