New here saying hi

teg cruzr

^^Sanded holes to bare metal. Ya gotta use a pretty aggressive grit for a good bite.
Filled with JB Weld twice cause it shrinks, sanded smooth, top coat of bondo glazing putty to fill in sanding scratches,
light sand with 400 grit, a coat of primer, a light sand with 600 grit, three medium coats of Dupli-color black,
yes a rattle can and then three medium coats of Dupli-color clear.
I haven't wet sanded and buffed it yet, that requires 1000-1500 sand paper and a good rubbing compound.
Good luck with the shave.

teg cruzr

This is true. The thing I like about it though is it's like having a black paint job. Most people will pass because they don't like what it takes to keep it looking good, but if you are down for the work and upkeep, there is no other color that IMHO. It has something to do with being able to tell how much care and work is put into it at the very first glance I'd say.
If ya wanna nice black car you definitly gotta work for it. Mechanized car wahes are your enemy.
My EX took the car through Brown Bear one time, I had to spent two days buffing it out to get all the scratches outta her. :cussing:

Exige24

^^^ After the wetsand, 3M Perfect-It stage 1,2 and 3. Their hand glaze and a wax after = GLASS :thumbs up

Last edited:

teg cruzr

I use 3M products for heavy duty stuff like cutting and buffing but I like Meguiar's products for the wash and wax.

Exige24

Yeah I like Meguiar's for washing too. 3M's hand glaze is phenomenal though. You have to seal it in after with a wax, but man, oh man... Lol Ever try it?

teg cruzr

My little DIY cup holder project. Enjoy!

Green LED'S, fancy huh?

Driver seat view.

Money shot.
All in all, I'm happy with the outcome.

j13

Keep It Clean
Them blades look fresh as FUUUUUUUUU looks hood man, always love a clean DA