Car Care/Detailing Thread

R13

The other asshole
I tried to clay bar it once but it's like diesel soot, it's extremely fine. The clay bar wouldn't take it all the way off, nor would soap and a wash mitt. A soft waxing pad and turtle wax paste cleaner wax took it off though, without damaging the paint as well mind you.

JustinMcGee1

I like Hondas
I tried to clay bar it once but it's like diesel soot, it's extremely fine. The clay bar wouldn't take it all the way off, nor would soap and a wash mitt. A soft waxing pad and turtle wax paste cleaner wax took it off though, without damaging the paint as well mind you.
Ah, i think we misunderstood what you had on your car.

R13

The other asshole
I don't get it on my cars for some reason, just my mom's truck, and one of my grandfather's cars.

Guess it has something to do with the type of paint that was used. Something about it attracts it.

94RS

No fucks given.
Cleaned up my helmet out of boredom since it was looking a little well used :lol: .

Products used:
- Meguiars clay bar kit
- Meguiars Ultimate polish
- Meguiars Ultimate liquid wax
- Sprayway glass cleaner on the shield
- Meguiars Mirror Bright vinyl & rubber cleaner on the white trim
- Meguiars foam applicator pads (3)
- Microfiber towels (4-5)

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
check with your visor manufacturer if you can use window cleaner on the visor. For my new Arai helmet they said to use water and dish soap and to use some carnuba after its cleaned.

94RS

No fucks given.
I've used Sprayway (ammonia free) on both of my visors since I bought the helmet two years ago. Both of them still look brand new.

I would think dish soap would be too abrasive and end up stripping off the UV coating, which is why they tell you to wax it after.

R13

The other asshole
Windex strips the mirror coating off... learned that the hard way :lol:

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
I might just keep to what Arai says. This is a $130 visor lol so i kind of dont want to go off the beaten path. Might ask Graham how he washes his Arai visors.

94RS

No fucks given.
Windex strips the mirror coating off... learned that the hard way :lol:

Because ammonia... Which is why helmet/visor manufacturers tell you not to use glass cleaner. Most of them contain ammonia :lol:

Fairly certain you've posted shit from webbikeworld in the bike thread before, but they have a review of it from 10 years ago, and still say it's their favorite on reviews of other cleaners.

http://www.webbikeworld.com/r2/sprayway/

R13

The other asshole
Yeah... kinda silly, but I guess it has to do with companies selling more motorcycle helmets than car helmets.

Last edited: