Car Care/Detailing Thread

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
I think i got the 2nd cheapest full face Arai and it was around 800 i think. I was hoping the bell fit me a little better but my chin was hanging out slightly. Plus i had to buy a tinted mirrored visor, and new HANS posts.

R13

The other asshole
Good old turtle wax cleaner wax.

I didn't clean the bumper, but I usually use Mother's aluminum and mag polish, which has good results.

94RS

No fucks given.
Good old turtle wax cleaner wax.

I didn't clean the bumper, but I usually use Mother's aluminum and mag polish, which has good results.
What the hell is that white build up along the bedliner to the right of the handle? It's in the before shot also.

And try this for the bumper next time:

I used to use that on the outer lip of the C70's wheels.

R13

The other asshole
The clear coat.

The black v6 mustang's spoiler is doing the same thing. Oddly enough it's only on the tailgate, and the spoiler on the mustang. Nowhere else.

I'm gonna wet sand it with 2500 and 5000 grit, then polish it. Hopefully that'll take care of it.

R13

The other asshole
It's only the black paint. I've never seen another color do it, and I've never seen it anywhere other than tailgates and spoilers. It's like it's too thin on those particular parts.

94RS

No fucks given.
The rapewagen has a spot on the hood where paint just kinda flaked away... It's a 2012 :rolf:

R13

The other asshole
The white paint is terrible for that :rolf:

I've seen everything from 93-04 mustangs, 97-03 fseries, and eseries do that. It just peels off the primer.

The white is also bad for rusting through. You can look at any white 97-03 f150 and you can find places where rust is coming through the paint.

94RS

No fucks given.
My dad asked me to clear the headlights on his truck.

Product used:
- Sprayway glass cleaner
- Meguiars DA power drill attachment
- Meguiars PlastX on compound pad
- Meguiars Ultimate liquid wax on waxing pad
- Handful of microfiber towels

Before (was way more yellow in person)

After

R13

The other asshole
I dislike plastX. Used it before on a 95 mustang, and the teg. It's good for removing the yellow haze, but the best results come from the 3m kit.

HOWEVER... I skip the compound that comes in the 3m kit because meguiar's ultimate polish works 10x better :lol: The ultimate polish will do pretty good on its own if the lights are just slightly starting to haze as well.

94RS

No fucks given.
PlastX by itself isn't all that great. Ultimate wax is added at the end for a sealant so it lasts a while.

When he got the truck in 2015, I used the same 3M kit that I used on my Integra's headlights. Seeing as how that truck has gone close to 200k since I last did them, I used PlastX since I had it sitting around.I was going to use the Novus polish (liquid sandpaper basically) that I used on the XB's bodywork if the PlastX didn't turn out good, but he seemed happy enough with how they turned out.

R13

The other asshole
How many miles does that truck have on it, and is it the original engine? :lol:

94RS

No fucks given.
Close to 300k, I think... Engine was just rebuilt a few months ago. Was previously used as a rental truck, so it was likely beat to s*** by the time he got it. His last truck was pushing 1 million miles on one rebuild.

We drive a lot :lol: