my build thread

carlosyockteng

so finally got around to taking more pics of the car... i finally helped my friend move and hopefully by friday we can start working on the car.. im doing an ls/vtec build and some other little extras i can put on the car ;) but here are some pics of the car.. pretty much stock but hope you guys like :D

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Cripton805

LsV auto?

Youre going to have to work hard for that lol... going through trannies dude.

You have OBD2 ecu and its an auto ecu.
How are you going to get past that?

Tuning is going to be key!

Any ideas blue?^^^

Last edited:

jznsn2u

It looks like your radiator support bar is a little bent. Good luck with your build.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
LsV auto?

Any ideas blue?^^^
if this is a cheap shot, try to be a little less nonchalant about it

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
LsV auto?

Any ideas blue?^^^
you can use a jdm gsr auto or auto b16 transmission (which are probably the same) and the matching ecu for it all, and as long as the ecu is obd1 you can chip it. Or, you can just use a obd1 ecu with a jumper and tune a automatic po8 and convert it to a vtec ecu. theres many options

What's up with the sticker? Where is the parts on the car?
previous owner probably put them on

phatintegra

Banned
^ Depends If he get a GSR head he need to stick with a JDM SIR-G ECU. If he goes B16 head he need to get a JDM B16 ECU don't for get the GSR head has secondary butter fly and the B16 only have 1. Big different.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Once its chipped on Hondata or whatever they can eliminate the secondaries. But, yes if he uses a gsr head and wants to keep the seondaries he needs a p72 ecu. If he decides to go aftermarket with the intake manifold either one will work as they can always delete functions from the ECU Ie o2 or secondary butterfly :thumbs up

phatintegra

Banned
^ The only way is to tune it thru eCtune or Greddy EMS. I think Neptune or Chrome but can't remember but the highest number I seen is on eCtune on the Auto.

Hondata won't work on Auto.

If you have SMOG in your state but I doubt it because the pics look like your in Florida but I could be wrong (Cali). I have a theory to pass SMOG but not sure if it's going to work and I won't be able to find out soon.

Last edited:

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
oh yeah! hondata doesnt do automatics. I think chrome should as its just a bunch of codes people create for it . Chrome would be my route if i were to do this plus its free plus the cost to burn the chip