Tork's build thread

tork_sd89

Baywatch
This is now my build thread...

Hey what's up guys I just got my 01 GSR last month after my 01 eclipse was totaled. Here's pics.. she's all stock but I plan to go all motor. So far my only mods are 8k HID's, system (cuz it came out the eclipse lol), Mobil 1 full synthetic oil, and K&N oil filter. I also was wondering what is the best intake to get since i'm going all motor. I've been thinking about an Injen short ram or a AEM v2

My eclipse before the accident

Last edited:

01FTW

Damn that teg looks fucking mint! Nice buy, take good care of her. The fact that its a GS-R makes it all the better ^ ^

tork_sd89

Baywatch
Damn that teg looks f***ing mint! Nice buy, take good care of her. The fact that its a GS-R makes it all the better ^ ^
Thanks man. Yea I was surprised to get one in such good condition. I have a friend who has a RS he's doing the GSR swap and boosting it and he should be done with it by August he says. I think he's going to join the forum too

Cripton805

Thats a sexyyyy damn car!

Intake... Injen SRI
That GSR best bet is high end power.

Thats a good upgrade from that Eclipse ;)

Alvi84

Very nice. Good find. Any comparison's on the GsR vs Eclipse? Just wondering what your take on the two cars compared is...

86dc2

very clean bro...... Im in phx and if im not mistaken that is the same gsr I was going to fly over there and pick up lol bc for months i was searching for a clean one like that here but most are all beat up ......was it for like 7999 or something in that range? black leather? very very clean bay right? n e ways ....looks good

tork_sd89

Baywatch
Very nice. Good find. Any comparison's on the GsR vs Eclipse? Just wondering what your take on the two cars compared is...
Well the eclipse got smoked by the homies 06 k24 Accord lmfao but I used to pull on another friends modded v6 stang. I ended up with that eclipse after my 96 mazda mx-6 (2.5l V6) took a dump on me.. I invested alot into that car including a new ECU after a local shop kept selling me bum alternators that ended up frying the ECU so I got tired of throwing money into a car that really wasn't worth it. So I picked up my Eclipse for $4000 with 84k miles. I was originally looking at a 98 GST they had on the lot but it was in really bad shape. Because they didn't want to lose a sale they sold me the 01 eclipse for the same price. I had plans to get a Evo 8 head and go turbo, but then i realized that wasn't gonna be worth it either lol The only way to do a evo swap the right way on a eclipse like that is to get a full 4G63 long block which isn't cheap! I had Eibach sportline springs, advan RS replica rims, AEM CAI, ebay 4-1 headers.. It was cool while it lasted. Then I got hit by a f-150 and I wasn't gonna settle for something else I didn't really want you know. All I searched for were GSR's,, DC5 type s, and I almost got a FA5 civic SI, but the finance company was really fuckin me over, so I didn't get that. I found the teg paid for it cash and since I've had it I can say that it's a blast to drive. Getting on the freeway is always fun :) I like how ricers try to rev at me or laugh when I pull up to a light just because I'm still stock. These guys in EG's and EK's don't realize their SOHC doesn't have shit on me.. unless they went to Bisimoto! lol I know honda/acura kinda rival mitsu but I'd take my GSR anyday over going back to that eclipse.

tork_sd89

Baywatch
very clean bro...... Im in phx and if im not mistaken that is the same gsr I was going to fly over there and pick up lol bc for months i was searching for a clean one like that here but most are all beat up ......was it for like 7999 or something in that range? black leather? very very clean bay right? n e ways ....looks good
lol yea probably is. So many people called about the car even as I was signing the papers! I had saw the car on a Friday right before they closed put a $200 deposit to hold it for me and came back first thing Saturday morning with the rest of my cash haha :) I had lost 2 DC5's because people got there right before me so I wanted to make sure I didn't lose this!

00DC2TW

Well the eclipse got smoked by the homies 06 k24 Accord lmfao but I used to pull on another friends modded v6 stang. I ended up with that eclipse after my 96 mazda mx-6 (2.5l V6) took a dump on me.. I invested alot into that car including a new ECU after a local shop kept selling me bum alternators that ended up frying the ECU so I got tired of throwing money into a car that really wasn't worth it. So I picked up my Eclipse for $4000 with 84k miles. I was originally looking at a 98 GST they had on the lot but it was in really bad shape. Because they didn't want to lose a sale they sold me the 01 eclipse for the same price. I had plans to get a Evo 8 head and go turbo, but then i realized that wasn't gonna be worth it either lol The only way to do a evo swap the right way on a eclipse like that is to get a full 4G63 long block which isn't cheap! I had Eibach sportline springs, advan RS replica rims, AEM CAI, ebay 4-1 headers.. It was cool while it lasted. Then I got hit by a f-150 and I wasn't gonna settle for something else I didn't really want you know. All I searched for were GSR's,, DC5 type s, and I almost got a FA5 civic SI, but the finance company was really f***in me over, so I didn't get that. I found the teg paid for it cash and since I've had it I can say that it's a blast to drive. Getting on the freeway is always fun :) I like how ricers try to rev at me or laugh when I pull up to a light just because I'm still stock. These guys in EG's and EK's don't realize their SOHC doesn't have s*** on me.. unless they went to Bisimoto! lol I know honda/acura kinda rival mitsu but I'd take my GSR anyday over going back to that eclipse.
how much you pay for your GSR and how many miles?