Axle question for 91 da with b20 swap.

Shadowwolf

Shadowwolf_DA9
Hey, my name's alex and am in progress of replacing my front end components (bearing, balljoint, tie-rods, ect.) I'm not a big fan of having others work on my car, so I am a DIYer and still learning. Since my car is a 91 da with a b20 swap in it (A1 transmission as well) will the CV axles from an LS integra be long enough and compatible with my hubs?

P.S. Some helpful input would be appreciated.

dlo253

Yes, externally the b20 is damn near identical. And the axles don't have anything to do with the motor. Just the tranny...

Shadowwolf

Shadowwolf_DA9
Well you have a DA so you will need 90-93 axles not 94+
Well with the 90-93 axles i could not find a driver's side axle with a female adaption for the intermediate shaft.

dlo253

What? My driver side is male on each end, intermediate is female to male that goes into the tranny. Then passenger is male on each end as well.

Shadowwolf

Shadowwolf_DA9
See that's where my delemma is, I brought my teggy with the swap in it and I cannot figure how the previous owner had it set up.

dlo253

Well if you get everything for your application and it should come together fine. That's weird man haha.

Shadowwolf

Shadowwolf_DA9
Yeah it's bugging the hell out of me, are there any axles that are slighty longer for the integras? Or other cars with compatible axles for integras?

Shadowwolf

Shadowwolf_DA9
Okay so i resolved the issue, NEVER Fucking rely on napa, autozone, advance or any auto parts such as them. I was informed by them that all the axles are the same and are compatible, but when tried axles i got online (auto parts warehouse) the cv housings were infact slightly larger.

dcteg859

You can he DC axel in a da and vis versa u have to use the axel seals on Trans for axels your using. For example da Trans with DC axels use DC seals. I've done it many of times sir no problems
Sent from my M865 using Tapatalk 2