Bike talk: Motorcycle/Scooter chat thread!

Which one?

• Shark Speed-R Ike

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shark Speed-R Sauer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

94RS

No fucks given.
Not a huge loss, but it's there.

The dip at 4500 can apparently be fixed by switching to the XB12 lid. (03-04 XB9 on left, 04-05 XB12 on right)

Supposedly the dimple helps to force air into the velocity stack faster. I guess it worked since Buell switched the design on all bikes to the dimpled version in '05.

From what I'm hearing, the low end loss can be recovered by opening up (cutting holes into) the lid.

Which I guess also worked since Buell added a few holes in '06, then even more in '07. This is an OEM '07 that I'm trying to find.

Last edited:

R13

The other asshole
Not too shabby. Can't ask for much else for $10 though :lol:

Only thing is I wired them up like the mirror turn signals were wired up when I got it, and the damn thing is causing the right signal to work as a running light :what:

I can't find any other wires just from looking so idk if it's the wiring, or a relay or something else.

Rear is flashing like it's supposed to, but the front right one just stays on until you click on the right signal, then it just goes off.

94RS

No fucks given.
Chances are there should be 3 wires there. Ground, running, and flasher.

Either the third wire is hidden somewhere in the bodywork, or a PO took it off not thinking anything of it.

R13

The other asshole
All I've got is two green, and two orange/white.

I can look later and try to find a wiring diagram if nothing else.

For now I have some new speakers to put in the truck to replace the blown cheap ass kenwood's in the doors :lol:

94RS

No fucks given.
You're missing a wire then. Green is ground, and striped wires are for the flasher. There should be another solid wire for running lights.

I also replaced the speakers in the rapewagen a few months ago with a pair of Rockford Fosgate Punch 6x9's. Hell of a difference over the trash they put in at the factory.

Amazon had them for like $50 compared to $110 at Crutchfield :rolf:

R13

The other asshole
I got some cerwin vega's 40% off at $80... they sound damn good :lol:

Also it's wired into the striped wire, so why is it working as a running light :rolf:

94RS

No fucks given.
The LEDs might not be drawing enough power and that might be causing the bike to think the bulb is burnt out :what:

If that's the case, you'll need an LED flasher relay.

R13

The other asshole
It's odd. The rear will flash :lol:

Also again... the light is staying on when the signals are off

R13

The other asshole
I've had that in my wishlist forever... I was just hoping I could let it hyper blink because it would get people's attention better :rolf: