Auto to Manual Swap Help

greenbe

Alright guys I have a few questions for some of you veterans. I am swapping my auto transmission for a manual one on my 99 integra ls. I have gotten all the little odd and in parts for the swap i will be starting next week. I have gotten a manual ecu out of a 98 Integra and i am trying to figure out how to hook everything up so i don't have computer codes popping up so i can still pass emissions. Do i need to get a manual dash harness or will my auto one hook up and work fine. Also does my auto harness have the two plugs under the dash that hook onto my clutch pedal? Also i have read quite a few forums that say i will have to cut and a put together some wires to have cruise control. And do i have to cut into my firewall to hook up the clutch pedal?

itzrivera

No you dont have to cut into the firewall to setup the pedal. When you put the CMC, the clutch pedal bolts up to the bolts from inside the car.

To have the car start only with the clutch pressed in you need to run (i believe) two wires to the top connector of the clutch pedal. Theres more on that in meltmans 5 speed swap thread.

If you plug in a manual ecu your car wont throw codes. Best of luck and refer to meltmans thread on teamintegra. It has LOTS of pages of useful info