The official Cascade Honda Crew thread.

Skidmarks

Cascade Honda Crew
For now on, if its raining on the day of the meet. I will not be driving my DC until i can afford all season tires. These Yokohama Sdrive tires does not cut it in the rain. I kept hydroplaining on the smallest puddles at 50mph on the freeway, which is slower than the posted 60mph speed limit. Of course, everyone else was driving that slow, so I had no choice.

Rain + Summer Tires = FAIL!!!
Wow, really? My toyo proxes do great in the rain. I thought they were summer tires...must be rain tires lol

SoundEfx

I was actually thinking about getting the S-Drives, but I might have to change my mind.

My Toyo Proxies were junk in the rain though. They wouldn't slide to either side, but getting traction to simply get going or stopping was always a hope and pray event.

Skidmarks

Cascade Honda Crew
No joke! I had proxes 4 on the LS and loved them in the rain! Only after I put 50,000 miles on them did I start to hydro plane. And I mean, come on...50,000 miles they were damn near bald, and unsafe....sounds like some one mounted them back wards, they are a directional tire. The proxes 4 plus that I have now aren't, and I love these too :D better than the 4's imo cause they've lasted longer.

DCiFound

SEAHAWKS!!
hahaha, I might check my tires to see the tread life on them. I know theyre not facing the wrong direction.
I guess I have a desired brand and they are Continental DWS. Been driving these on my IS300. In the rain, they are magic, cus I never hydroplained when these tires were getting bald.

SoundEfx

Different cars will drive differently with the same kind of tires on, so don't expect the same results.
The best thing to do is, as mentioned before, is to have different wheels for the occasions.
Stock rims with rain / all season tires and bling rims with sticky summer tires.

DCiFound

SEAHAWKS!!
^^^I did that many yrs ago. Summer tires for custom rims and all season for winter. Just dont need all that anymore ;)

Plus, integra's are FWD and when the front wheels hydroplain, you feel it more. And with the wheels having no traction and you give it power, your sliiding every where.

RWD FTW!!!!

SoundEfx

No sliding, no drifting, no rally driving.
Just some high speed, tire screeching, high G cornering going on.

Circuit racing FTW!!!!