turbo oil leak

trillsteverwas

my 95 ls turbo has a prob . when creating boost its smoking like crazy and blowing oil every where looks to be coming form the dip stick its on the engine the hood and worst of all the turbo and the manifold

Spody02

Name: Cody
no that dosent sound like rings, that sounds like a turbo seal, if your only smoking during boost or if you oil is by the dip stick, which is right next to the turbo, would check oil lines and seals first

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
If it's coming from the dipstick then it's probably because of excessive crankcase pressure. That can be caused from blow-by of the rings, a bad PCV valve or a combination of the two.

I personally wouldn't drive the car if it is spitting oil on the turbo and manifold. Something about being inside a flaming car while cruising down the freeway just doesn't seem fun

trillsteverwas

I know this is old, I don;t even own this car anymore but it was the rings. I did a rebuild rode for about 6k and the waste gate went out on the dyno. 20 psi at 3k rpm. Sold the car kept all the goods and I am currently looking for a new project.