How to Change Your Honda/Acura (Badge Color)

genesis

tougê hêrmit
im not sure if any one has tried this before but i decided to write this one up. what i have is a acura integra type-r badge with silver and red. what im doing is getting rid of all the chrome (because i dont like it). so i went with black and red.

alright heres the tools your going to need, excacto razor, small flat head screw driver.

heres what the badge looks like when i got it:
[/IMG]

now use the small screw driver to pry the two sections apart:
[/IMG]

pried apart:
[/IMG]

now the hard part trying to get all that chrome out without taking off the red paint. for this use that razor you have and out line the A with the point of the razor. now proceed to taking the point of the razor and sliding it under the chrome paint, now gently lift up on it to pull out the chrome that you had out lined. under neath will be clear plastic.
[/IMG]

now use painters tape to tape off the front side of the badge:
[/IMG]

now spray the back with what ever color spray paint you want and bam there you go, just let it dry. i would recommend krylon spray paint for this it tends to adhere better to plastics.
[/IMG]

here is the final product i didn't do too well lol but hope fully you will do better.
[/IMG]

and that concludes the lesson of badges with jeff lol8)

genesis

tougê hêrmit
yeah i know what you guys mean, i just hate chrome and yeah i would rather rock the H but they are expensive as hell(JDM). ive just always wanted to do this lol so i wrote it up.

genesis

tougê hêrmit
hqhahaha winki your turn for a write up ohh and i want it on a complete engine rebuild lol.