oil pressure with Turbo, 3rd Gen Integra

hamfacekilla

idk about turbo but i have a 95 ls and it runs 15 psi, i believe the repair manuals state that 10-15 is right around where it should be, but that doesnt mean that having 20-30 is bad that just mean that you have good oil pressure, i would imagine for a turbo gsr it would be much higher then the average 10-15

acclude

cheap bastard
no problem, also the repair manual says that it should be 50 psi at 3000 RPMs and the 10-15 psi, is at idle speed
I was just about to say something along those lines. At higher RPM's (near redline) it should be as high or higher than 90 PSI. One of my old motors went as high as 120-130 on average at redline.

hamfacekilla

I was just about to say something along those lines. At higher RPM's (near redline) it should be as high or higher than 90 PSI. One of my old motors went as high as 120-130 on average at redline.
yeah these are just guidelines, 50 PSI at 3000 RPMs is just around where it should be, on my car at 3000 RPMs i hit 60 PSI, so its gonna be different for everybody, it just depends on their set up

GSROWNSU

I've never heard of any honda engine having oil pressure that high before...i've never seen anything much above 80psi at WOT and 8000 rpms. Sure u had an accurate source/gauge? lol

patrick4588

Integra God
anything more than 80-85 and you risk blowing seals and hurting your motr. thats why the oil pump has the feature to release extra pressure. 80-85 is about right at wot. you should see at least 60 by 3000rpms.

acclude

cheap bastard
I've never heard of any honda engine having oil pressure that high before...i've never seen anything much above 80psi at WOT and 8000 rpms. Sure u had an accurate source/gauge? lol
Yeah, 90 was about average. Never had any issues with seals or leaks.