HELP PLEASE! TACHOMETER Problem

Vtec-Pwr

OPP-O1-OH-DC2
Everytime i pushed the car past 6k, the tach would bounce back and forth but the motor still reving and keep going. Someone told me that i have a bad coil in the distributor? is this sound correct to you pro? or what's your opinion? If it's the coil, how hard is it to open up the dizzy and replace it? I've never done this before.

Thanks a lot!

James

suspendedHatch

Legalize Illegal Aliens
Is this a DA or DC?

First TEST the coil. You NEVER replace a part based on an internet recommendation w/out verifying it first. You need a simple $15 digital voltmeter you can get from Sears and you need a repair manual. You can download the Helms from hondahookup or you can buy a Haynes. It's as simple as unscrewing the wire terminal from the coil, setting the meter to the right resistance setting, touching the probes to the coil and comparing the reading to that in the book.

Getting to the coil is as simple as pulling off the distributor cap. There are two screws holding the coil in place, and a couple wires that need to be unscrewed and moved out of place. All of this will be in the repair manual that you should have bought the day you bought a 10+ year-old car.

Vtec-Pwr

OPP-O1-OH-DC2
Thanks for you help man! hopefully that will solve it. It's a DC(2) btw