misfiring

fantuz

I have an 5 speed '01 Integra. I am having trouble with accelerating. The car is fine for the first 5 minutes of driving, but after that when i shift the acceleration is not right. It will only accelerate to a certain point and and then it seems to not be able to accelerate further. THe check engine light comes flashes then eventually stays on permanently. Took it to a mechanic they said a number of misfiring codes came up and that it needed a tune up: caps, rotors, plugs, filters etc... I took it back and checked it out myself and found one spark plug full of a brown liquid and covered in black residue. I replaced all the spark plugs as well as air filter and it ran ok for a bit but is now doing the same thing. Anybody have any suggestions? thanks

fantuz

i have changed the spark plugs and they are ngk. I will try caps and rotors and wires thanks

C Aaron

since u said the spark plug was covered by a brown liquid
in the worst case it might be your piston rings, so oil is comin to the spark plugs

sps21112

Check your valve cover gasket. It could be leaking oil into the spark plug tube and will cause them to misfire and foal out. Just a suggestion.

nuenjin

Professional Ametuer
Are you running premium/supreme gas like the message on the cluster tells you?

And as for spark plugs, always double check a pre-gapped plug. IT will probably be right but one should never assume.

But yeah, it does sound like a compression issue

good luck

LotusPod

Petrel Head
Did they mention if any other codes came up? I have all 4 cylinders misfiring (with random misfires) but the first code that came about was about my MAP sensor & IAT (Intake Air Temp Sensor); my car is doing exactly the same thing as yours but also tries to stall while idling, may not be the same issue but a similiar situation