B16 VTEC head?

Day To Remember

How much does an average B16 VTEC head go for? and would it be complicated to put it on a B18A1 engine? How much would it cost to have it put on?

guiltyxxspark

Internet Hate Machine
LS/VTEC is very reliable and very powerful if done correctly with the right parts and attention to detail.

edit: btw, find a GS-R block and make a Poor Mans R.

Last edited:

SN1P3R

after researching this, i have found nothing on replacing the pistons if needed or anything like that, can u just bolt the vtech head on the b18a1, with out problems? replace few gaskits, and get the hondata ecu? also, if u replace the head, will the head gasket needed be the b16 vtech or the b18a1 like block?

guiltyxxspark

Internet Hate Machine
after researching this, i have found nothing on replacing the pistons if needed or anything like that, can u just bolt the vtech head on the b18a1, with out problems? replace few gaskits, and get the hondata ecu? also, if u replace the head, will the head gasket needed be the b16 vtech or the b18a1 like block?
Search LS/VTEC. All your questions will be answered.

KNOWtheLEDGE

1 800 GETATME
Just keep searching man. I bought my complete (minus dizzy) head for 240.
To build a reliable lsv, you're def gonna have to replace/swap out a few things.

I find it hard to believe you can type "LSVtec" into the Google search bar and get no information.

SN1P3R

i find tons of info, but none that asnwers my question, all lsvtech i found were built of a b20 block, i cant find any with b18, when i serch it i still get b20

SN1P3R

oh thanks guys, i did not know that, i thought there was a difference in CI, apreciate that, all info i found is then valid, thnx