New member. 95 sedan build.

VballHerk

Hey, new member here. I recently purchased a 95 LS sedan for just under a grand. It was inspected and running. However, it needed quite a bit of work.
Here it is the day I got it:

[Updated 01/29/13] The car today:

The kid I got it from wasn't the most honest guy I've purchased a vehicle from, but for the money I figured I'd roll the dice.
We've planned on just making it decent, and painting it. But after the first day, we decided to go all out, and redo everything. (Bodywork, paint, wheels, suspension, etc...)

Here is the car after our first day of work:

So far I'm about 75% done with the body work. Here's the car last week:

The wheels of course didn't fit, because I misuderstood the offset from the buyer (still don't understand it). They were to be +38 offset, but they have built in spacers making them +10. ??? I don't know. So I have a set of new coilovers and shocks/struts on the way, to raise it enough to make them fit, hopefully.
Worse case, I'll use the new tires with the GSR wheels that came with the vehicle.

So far we've done 95% of the bodywork, we need probably 1 more good day of work to finish it.
I messed around with the engine bay just for s***s and giggles:

I have about $1250 in parts, paint, wheels/tires. I'll post more pics as we progress.
Parts list thus far:
New fenders and hood. 1 fender was fiberglass, the other was beyond fixable.
New wheels/tires.
KYB shocks/struts.
Maxspeed coilovers.
New OEM tail lights to replace the awful chrome/black 1's.
New interior door handle. (One was broke.)
New radio. There was none in the vehicle, and he had cut the harnass. (Pain in the ass.)
New front bumper blinkers (two sets, because I didn't realize it was a 98+ bumper until I tried putting in the 94 lights.)
New emblems.

Still needed:
98+ headlights.

Any suggestions, comments?
Thanks.

Last edited:

ProjectTeg

Integra's FTMFW
Here's a pic of the wheels:

They don't fit up in the wheel well's once I put the car down,
If you get some camber kits and put just a lil bit of camber on those wheels would tuck nicely. And thanks for saving that poor teg.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

VballHerk

If you get some camber kits and put just a lil bit of camber on those wheels would tuck nicely. And thanks for saving that poor teg.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
I think there's a camber kit on the front already, but not the rears. They aren't even close to fitting. They look closer in this pic because the car still has the jack under it.

VballHerk

Paint today.

My Dad and I painted the car today.
I was hoping for a dark blue, but I'm actually quite happy with the shade.

2 hours of masking:

My Dad shooting the paint:

Putting it back together:

The car while it's still on jack stands. I had to see what the wheels would look like:

Another angle:

The front bumper and engine bay:

My home-made JDM plate:

I still need to install the shock/strust/coilovers sitting in the house. I'm hoping to get a jump on those tomorrow.

DunDaa

Loving this man! just my opnion but i dont think those rims go with the colour of the car!

VballHerk

Loving this man! just my opnion but i dont think those rims go with the colour of the car!
Thanks! I like gold with dark blue (which is what we thought we had), but as it turns out, I'm not going to be using those rims. Rather, a set of gsr blades. Which I haven't decided on the color of yet.

VballHerk

After some time working on the shocks/struts, I've decided to just stay with what I have currently, and use a set of gsr blades Ive acquired.

Here is the car today after it's first time out of the garage:

STICKERS!! Side note, I love the vinyl cutter I bought last month.... Highly recommend picking one up.

More pics to come once I get the new wheels done.