99 integ with h22a4 swap cant get engine wired up please help

jmop22

Hi I have a 1999 acura integra gsr with a h22a4 out of a 1997 Honda prelude sh the motor is a usdm and an external coil I tried converting my b series harness to the h series motor but I cant get any spark with it its running the stock ecu but I cant get all the wires right from the b series harness to the h series plugs im at a loss and have been for about 6 months now if anyone can help id appreciate it.

jmop22

Yeah I looked on rywire and honestly I wasn't too impressed I called them and they realy weren't much help they said I needed to change my distributor from an external coil to an internal coil and switch to obd1 in order to avoid the issues of all the codes being popped form not having all the plugs since they don't include all the plugs on their wire harnesses and I have tried converting the b series harness with the h series and I ended up with everything except spark because I have no crank shaft sensor wired and I couldn't figure out the distributor wiring could I just wire up the engine harness straight to the ecu and solve the problem cheaply and quicker then waiting around for a wire harness from rywire and paying basically 1200 dollars for all of the items id need?

jmop22

the harness is 650 dollars for a f h series harness and on top of that I have to switch to an internal dizzy because of my crank sensors location not being in the dizzy and id have to buy an obd1 ecu also and at the moment that's money I don't have with a baby about here and our Subaru about to take a shit which means I don't have a lot of time to get the integra done not to mention my prelude was an amazing car but now that the engines in an integra itll be even better once it runs I just cant figure it out or find anything in my price range as far as my budget goes im not trying to be cheap its just my funds are running dry we tried pulling the wire harness apart and soddering all the wires back together and we went from just having no spark but everything else to no spark and the starter not turning over either so idk im at a complete loss if you know a wire harness thatll work with the swap without spending over 400 id appreciate it and I don't have either of my stock harnesses considering Ive used them to try to convert my b series harness to an h series so that may pose a problem with rywire also

jmop22

haha I would but its my fiancés and she loves her impreza its a pain in the ass to work on but that's the next project after my integras done she wont sell it for the world but I guess if you love a car no matter how much a pain in the ass it is its still your baby I wouldn't trade my car for the world its my baby and no matter how frustrated I get with it I refuse to give up on it I guess idk

DonJulio

Reppin' tha NW
Your looking at the mil spec harness.

There are budget ones for 399 and you have to call Ryan personal and request it.

If he won't offer anything but mil spec you have to try chase bays.