Daddy Built Racing's "Quest for 10s part 2" build thread

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
There won't be any updates on here for a while. I had a clutch failure and just at a point where the car needs to be on the back burner. I am really not sure what my plans with the car are at the moment. Part of me wants to just get rid of it and wipe my hands clean of it, the other just wants to put it in the corner and maybe mess with it again at some point later down the road. To everyone who has followed this thread and my journey with the car, I want to say thank you. I hope I have inspired at least one of you to build a car, that was my ultimate goal the entire time.

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
I have the money right now to buy a clutch, I simply do not have the desire to buy a clutch.

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
After talking to my better half (the wife), she talked some sense in to me. No one wants to see this car just sit and go to waste, so with her blessing I bought another clutch. I got it installed last night and just have to wrap up a few odds and ends tonight. The goal is to get it all done tonight, so tomorrow I can wash/detail it for Import Faceoff on Sunday. I am hoping that with the new clutch and power cranked up the car goes mid to low 10's. I'd really be stoked if the car seen a 9.99 but for now 10.5x will make me happy.

I did get around to installing my Go-Autoworks rear bumper diffuser/speed holes whatever you want to refer to them as. I also cut the bottom of the rear bumper out to hopefully reduce drag created by the air as I go down the track. At this point I would probably drink piss if you told me it would get my car to go faster down the 1320. I think a rear drag spoiler and parachute would really set off the ass end, but I will only buy those when they are actually serving a purpose outside of looks.

dlo253

Glad to see the change of plans.
Shit man wish you said that like last month, just got rid of a sick ass drag spoiler.

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
I think my wife knows that I will not have peace with this car until I accomplish the goals I set out with 5 years ago. There are times I want to strangle her and then there are times like this where I just want to kiss her and say thanks for understanding.

SoundEfx

How dare you quit now? What kind of role model are you, a quitting one? What example are you showing these younglings, that quitting is acceptable?

Man the fuc up and go out there and do us proud and run some 9's damn it.
What the hell is this talk about 10's would make you happy?????
Screw that 10's nonsense. 9's or nothing pimp.

Besides, with you running 9's, I know where the bar is and will have to run 8's....8)

Now don't get me wrong. I know how hard it is to stay motivated to keep raising the bar, especially by yourself with no support near by and something breaks. Meaning other teg owners living near you or a small crew or something. ( I don't know if that is the case or not.)
No one to push you or motivate you or even kick your azz in a race. We all know that there is no better feeling than coming back and wooping the azz of someone who either dissed your ride or beat you in a previous race.

So with all that said, there are some of us here that are saying 'Challenge Accepted'.
Not to put you and your accomplishments down in any way, but to be mentioned with the Greats.

So go out there and be great damn it!!!! Be the FWD Teg owner at the track that the muscle guy HAVE to respect, even if they don't want to....lol

P.S : Glad you're not quitting.....:D

Last edited: