studdering squeal coming from my transmission

jisthename2001

i have a 92 gs with the b18b engine and auto trans.....recently there has been a intermitten studdering squeel comming from the transsmssion, can anyone tell me what this means???

usually happens when the car is warmed up, when im in drive sitting at a light, or in low speeds of less then 30mph

leftyfork

Join my club. It happens to me every morning, and sometimes when slowing down to turn a corner. I have been trying everything, unplugging the lockup converter solenoids, fluid change, driving in S3 S4, 2,. It even happens in reverse. Sadly, I have come to the conclusion that something deep inside is worn out, probably a shaft bearing, or something.

jisthename2001

it sucks, and the sounds is making me feel soo uncomfortable that im about to just get a new one, its $345 plus shipping for a b18b auto trans with 35,000 miles or less, so im just gonna do that, but thanks, good to know, that im not the only one :)

leftyfork

Where are you getting that transmission? JDMTiger? I would be interested in the 35,000 or less item, if it really exists.

mirrorimg

How are you sure its the transmission?

I would look into the belts first. Take them all off and see if the noise goes away. If it does, put one back on at a time until you find the culprit.

Keep in mind that taking the alternator belt off with prevent your battery from recharging, so I do not suggest doing this for very long.

jisthename2001

i have replaced all of my belts with brand new goodyear gatorback belts, and have brand new underdrive pulleys for crank,power steering,and altenator, and all belts are tight and def no squeeling comming from them, and its not the type of sueeling u would get from loose belt or pulley, its a softer "studdering squeel" and i def tracked the sound down to inside my transmission

leftyfork

Yes, this is what I hear too. I noticed that it seems to be second gear related. If you move slowly without pushing the accelerator, you feel the transmission leave first, and shortly thereafter, this bizarre chortling squeal comes from under the passenger wheel area. It is definitely not the belts or the CVs or loose heat shields as some have suggested. The only last hope I had was an ABS solenoid/pump or something, but I would expect a trouble code, or dash light...
If you buy that transmission, I would be interested in your core. You are between me and my sister' s house if you are mid or upper jersey.

jisthename2001

well i live in south jersey, clementon to be exact, and why would u want a transmission that does the same thing as urs lol

leftyfork

Seriously. If you buy another trannyr, let me know. I'll give you 50 bucks for yours to offset your costs.. Usually I get off the pike at exit 7, so it wouldn't be too bad to meet you. If I have a transmission on the bench, I can take my time getting it ready. my email kurttj2002@yahoo.com

jisthename2001

ok well im not gonna get the trans right this sec, but as soon as i do, i have ur info and u can have my old one for 50