what did you do to your car today?

R13

The other asshole
I'm fond of mobil1 filters and Castrol gtx. I've seen inside of engines that have religiously ran 10w30 gtx for 15-25 years and I've never seen sludge, or parts fail from lack of lubrication.

It's budget friendly too.

Noneed2Hate

I'm fond of mobil1 filters and Castrol gtx. I've seen inside of engines that have religiously ran 10w30 gtx for 15-25 years and I've never seen sludge, or parts fail from lack of lubrication.

It's budget friendly too.
yeah I like both. I switch between WIX and Mobil1 filters but have been sticking with the castrol gtx for the most part.

R13

The other asshole
I hate wix filters :lol:

Parts stores used to pedal that shit at you every time you'd go in there and the 3 I cut open had the same shit paper material as the cheap fram and microgard filters.

I don't know if K&N or Mobil1 filters are all that much better, but having seen inside them I'm happier using them.

Last edited:

R13

The other asshole
Precisely :lol:

But Mobil1 is a good, slightly cheaper alternative in most situations.

94RS

No fucks given.
$13 for the Mobil1 filter, $15 for the K&N... That $2 is worth it if I don't have to crush my hand between the firewall and block :lol:

I'm all for Mobil1 oil though :rolf:

JustinMcGee1

I like Hondas
$13 for the Mobil1 filter, $15 for the K&N... That $2 is worth it if I don't have to crush my hand between the firewall and block :lol:

I'm all for Mobil1 oil though :rolf:

The prelude and s2000 have both burned oil when running Mobil 1 full synthetic, no idea why

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

R13

The other asshole
Too thin when hot or something.

K&N filters for the mustang+truck are like $17 vs the $12 Mobil1

R13

The other asshole
Got the famous milk in the oil filler neck and floating idle on the truck, new pcv to fix it, and a new oil cap for good measures.

renarudo

Took it to the shop. I have leaking axles on both sides, ripping motor mounts, driver side window motor/regulator, and for the cherry on top: a new battery. Yay...