Car shuts off while driving

Jclint_

Awhile ago my CEL was on so i went to Auto Zone for them to tell me what was wrong and they said it was a misfire. I never did anything to it because im fairly knew with cars let alone an integra. But it still ran fine. Until recently i was driving down the street one day and it just shot off. Not changing any gears, not pressing on it too hard, just cruising.

Pulled over tried to start it and it would turn but not start. About 10 min after that it started. Didn't move and it shut off again. Sat there for a little longer and it started and i was able to get home without it shutting back off. (about a 10 min drive home).

Didn't know what is was but i needed to change my fuel filter so changed that thinking it was the problem. Car ran fine all day. Went to work and back and it was fine. Then the next day going to work it shut off again just after about a 10 min drive.

i was thinking this might be a distributor problem but im not sure
Can anyone help me with what this may be.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
misfire codes are tricky. I would fix all of the following if you havent:
spark plugs
spark plug wires
cap
rotor
ignitor
(if you did cap, rotor and ignitor already change the entire dizzy)
valve adjustment

Jclint_

misfire codes are tricky. I would fix all of the following if you havent:
spark plugs
spark plug wires
cap
rotor
ignitor
(if you did cap, rotor and ignitor already change the entire dizzy)
valve adjustment
i did the spark plugs and spark plug wires and the cap. But not the rotor or ignitor so ill try that. And the dizzy is distributor?

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
yeah. Its most likely the entire distributor if the car turns back on when it cools down. I think it might be the ignitor but i forget. If its going out i would replce, it anyways.