JDM ITR 4-1 header into 94-99 GSR fitment trouble?

TypeR?

by the way, how much better is the hytech header compared to the jdm itr header?

TypeR?

bolted the header back up today and i likey! now to the track to see if i can hit 14s:twisted:

Last edited:

posHonda

by the way, how much better is the hytech header compared to the jdm itr header?
A hytech header is waaaaay better than the JDM ITR. The $1000+ sticker isnt on there for nothing. Its dyno proven and all. Even the hytech replica thats being sold on honda-tech for $400 outperforms the JDM ITR by a very noticable amount. H-T has dyno sheets for them too so go take a look.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
If you don't want to buy a new cat you could just cut your exhaust shorter and re-weld the flange on. Just an idea. Also test pipes suck, and v-tec popping is lame. (who ever mentioned that) And this isn't a header comparison thread so lets leave John and Hytech out of this.

phillyboy

i've read somewhere, that you could also get b -pipe and everything after including exhaust off of a 00-01 gsr, or a 1994-01 ls/rs, and it would bolt on? correct me if i'm wrong? everything is interchangable except da 94-99 gsr's which b pipes are shorter.. so if u had a ls, it would've bolt right on, or a 00-01 gsr wouldve bolt right on.

Last edited:

601405dc2

601405dc2
Just put an ITR header on mine and replaced the stock cat with a test pipe, the car is louder and vtec pops harder.... then my car started acting up, check enginge lite came on and couldn't rev past 5k. I blew the vtec solenoid seal. I got it fixed but was wonderin if its common for that to happen with just an ecu and ITR header/ exhaust? Or is it probably me bein a racing bandit? my 2000 gsr has 63k miles

patrick4588

Integra God
you're an idiot. you dont blow a vtec solenoid seal. whoever told you that stole your money. thats the stupidest thing ive heard in a while

601405dc2

601405dc2
*blew the seal inside. and didnt pay no money, just replaced the seal and it was fixed. No lite after and vtec cracked again. Have you kicked your dog today?

601405dc2

601405dc2
Vtec seals don't blow and that wouldn't cause your car to not rev over 5k.
I just think that cuz when i took the top part of the solenoid off there was oil on the outside of the rubber seal. I tried putting a new seal on before i spent any money and it fixed my problem with no Vtec and CEL. If those seals dont ever go bad, what would you guess it was? Im definetely still learnin all this stuff so if its familiar to anyone please let me know, thanks.