turbo questions for 99 integra LS

riotfish

Hey, I have a completely stock 99 integra LS and I'm interested in getting my car boosted. I've read some FAQ's and found them very helpful. But what turbo kit would you guys suggest (i'd like to pay under $2k for a turbo kit)? I've been looking at the B16 B18 TURBO KIT WITH INTAKE ( http://www.ssautochrome.com/level.itml/icOid/1633) from ssautochrome, but i'm not sure if it's good or not and if it comes with all the parts needed. Is there a website with decent kits that aren't too expensive? Just looking for help.

Thanks,
Kyle

Winki

Undercover mod
Stay away from ssautochrome ....
Piece together you own kit with quality parts

riotfish

sweet thanks very much. what would you suggest doing to my car before a turbo? and about what price would that run alltogether?

thanks

patrick4588

Integra God
for a qualilty kit, expect to spend about 2k-2.5k. then you will need tuning which will be another 500. the only things you really need to do to your car before turbo is freshen it up. flush the tranny fluid, new spark plugs wires, dizzy cap and rotor, etc. you will need some ngk bkr7e spark plugs. part number 6097 at any local parts store. id get a new clutch to hold the power, and maybe some new tires. before you do anything though, do a compression test on your motor to make sure its healthy enough for boost. a compression tester is 30 bucks at any parts store and its really easy to do. gl

riotfish

thanks a lot for the help patrick. i'll start looking into it

riotfish

nah, only kit i would get would be a revhard S2 or a GReddy kit...most likely i'll piece together a kit

riotfish

definately wanna keep P/S...i'd really like to keep A/C, but if it saves money/ time then i'm willing to go without it

95Turbo-LS

Do it right the first time!! Dont go with SSAC.... As the saying goes "cheap, fast, reliable.... PIck two"

swalgier

i put my turbo kit together my self and it was 2400 and i got alll turbonetics rev hard greddy ordered a ssautochrome and when i got it i said no way they even look cheap and got a hondata ecu that helps a lot