Remove rev limiter?

rusty93LS

hey sorry but im just startin to mess with cars and what not. so i bought a 1993 LS 5spd. Wanting to know if there is anyway to remove the limiter? or adjust it

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
There is no need to take the limiter out, you won't make power above redline. You will most likely just throw a rod.

dc2b18

Wait... What?
is there a reason you're wanting to remove the rev limiter? it's there for a reason...

rusty93LS

There is no need to take the limiter out, you won't make power above redline. You will most likely just throw a rod.
ya ok. anyway....like i said im new to cars. But i had another question. Will teh same year vtec head fit on my LS? to sumwat make my ls fairly like a gsr?

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
not unless you do a LS Vtec conversion. The reason being, the vtec heads are bigger than the non vtec heads. and there are some oil lines which run from the block into the head

rusty93LS

not unless you do a LS Vtec conversion. The reason being, the vtec heads are bigger than the non vtec heads. and there are some oil lines which run from the block into the head
ok ok...so if i wanan go ahead and do a ls vtec conversion. what all would i need? and if this is gonna to cost a pretty penny i might as well sell the ls and just buy a gsr

rgb17

ya dude. im leanin to this option
thats a good idea. they are common and pretty simple inside and out. its okay to go non vtec though, it only puts out like 20 more hp, so you could mod your car that you have now and make it fast. remember, gsr and vtec parts are more expensive than regular ls, rs, or gs. on the other hand, integra parts are cheap compared to just about everything else, so there you go.

hondaproof

hondaproof
i dont get it with dc's.i like any integra honestly.but theres so many bad ass dc's.i could never take a dc over my da.i got nothing against the dc dudes.theyr honda thugs same as me.but to ditch your da for a dc.it hurts dude lol.sounds homo kinda.idk.maybe im just sad cause mine is in the air and not on the ground.any opinions?